Out Of Shape

RuAmJe

Do you mean the rear tyres are worn unevenly?

It's very common for them to wear more on the inner edge sometimes causing them to make a noise similar to knackered wheel bearings. One solution is to rotate them regularly with the fronts.

What tyres do you have?

It's not unknown for Chinese budget tyres to 'square' off due to poorly constructed sidewalls. It's another reason why these tyres should be banned from use in the EU and especially the UK.

• Like 1

Tyres out of shape sounds like what happened to my old Sirocco. Trip to Devon and back with a little heavy foot driving in places resulted in me limping onto the hard shoulder of the m25 not far from home with a definate strange feeling coming from the wheels

Got out, could see nothing wrong

Drove steady home and next day we took wheels off, give them a roll along , they will just fall over

On closer looking they were actually twisted

tyres not rated for right speed can do this

cheap tyres

old tyres - we think this may have been my problem, even if they have plenty tread they can be lethal

i was lucky all four didnt blow out at hight speed

I've had this before, the rear tyres dis shape and are not round any more. If you run your hand around the tyre it will feel bumpy or wavey.

I was told it's the way the rear of the celica is set up from standard. I had it on some perlie zero neros and some Avon zz3 both dis shapped after about a year and half of being on the rear of the car. Was advised to stop this happing again to swap the rears with the front very 6-8 months.

I would still check the tracking and camber tho as that may be the main cause of it.

In my six years of ownership I've never had any problems with my rear tyres and ive covered 40 k miles and my car stands garaged for six months in every year. I don't get inside rear wear or any kind of of uneven wear but then my geometry is set correctly and I only use Eagles.

In my six years of ownership I've never had any problems with my rear tyres and ive covered 40 k miles and my car stands garaged for six months in every year. I don't get inside rear wear or any kind of of uneven wear but then my geometry is set correctly and I only use Eagles.

What's the longest you have had a set just on the back of the car?

They are the best tyres if you can afford them - they were £200 a corner trade price in 225/40/18 a few year ago -for my sisters 225 Audi Tt Quattro - supreme grip - but under 10,000 miles and all 4 were done

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.