Heater controller - repair

Askari

I am still looking for someone who can refurbish and repair a heater controller for me.

I've got about four of the dammed things - but not one one on which all the buttons and lights work and the symbols and arrows all glow as they should. And the light intensity controller needs to work as well.

I'm not looking for charity, I'm quite happy to pay for someone to take two or three of the part-working items I've got and make one good one for me, but I need some suggestions as to who might be able to do it. Any ideas?

imagejpg1_zpsbf0fe65e.jpg

And please don't suggest I try it myself. From being a total no hoper when I brought this car, I can now change bulbs and oil, check for leaks and do something about them, remove seats and do all sorts of things that I would never have done before - but micro electrics are totally beyond my skill and patience levels.

There is one in the vert - I can check if it all works but dont know when ill have time

Thanks. I have had about six so far and not found one on which everything works, but fingers crossed.

think there was a guide in Carlas thread mate, looked handy done just getting it apart seemed the hard part. Maybe give _chris_ a shout.

wooden mind changing mine to blue :)

Yes, I have seen the write up on Carla's thread but I have to admit that I am incapable of following it or of making my big, thick hands do the delicate manoeuvring that it requires.

I see that _chris_ is a corporate member, I'll drop him a PM but it would be useful to know what his line of business is?

Edited by Askari

Thanks for the PM. Easy way to find out my line of business is to look at my corp page :D

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/159770-introduction-contact-details/

Or even follow the link in my sig.

I don't generally get involved with messing about with mass market stuff I haven't designed as it's very easy to spend a lot of hours and get nowhere - no documentation, circuit diagrams, diagnostic tools etc.. The exception currently is helping out people with the 185 ECU capacitor issue which i'm doing as a favour to keep the cars on the road rather than as a money making business thing.

If you can link to the guide of what needs doing, I'll have a look and see how feasable / easy it looks and go from there.

Edited by _Chris_

Thanks _chris_ I will have a search of Carla's thread and find the notes she wrote and then we can discuss. IT will orobably take me a few days, what with Cheistmas etc. and I'm not rushing, so I will drop you a PM as soon as I can.

give me a shout if you find a fix :) half of mine wont light up lol!

when the corsa does that i just punch it, works so far :xmas_laugh: wild wee car them for electrics :xmas_sad:

starts on post 514

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/122289-carlas-st182-with-rev3-power-mod-thread/page-26

there is also 4 small bulbs that need replacing as well replaced mine with leds

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/122289-carlas-st182-with-rev3-power-mod-thread/page-27

post 521

Edited by carlasumm

when the corsa does that i just punch it, works so far :xmas_laugh: wild wee car them for electrics :xmas_sad:

But daddy says brute force and ignorance doesn't fix everything and neither does a bloody big hammer :(

• Like 1

nice one Carla, my finger was getting sore scrolling through your thread :xmas_laugh: needs me a spare control now, WITH air-con :xmas_cool:

• 5 weeks later...

ive lots of hidden goodies stashed in the GT now, shed is full :lol:

the missus wood probly have me fit them fs :rolleyes: maybe look good in your window switches, but they look like a micro surgeon wood have a job getting in them :huh:

ive lots of hidden goodies stashed in the GT now, shed is full :lol:

the missus wood probly have me fit them fs :rolleyes: maybe look good in your window switches, but they look like a micro surgeon wood have a job getting in them :huh:

Challenge accepted :) I'll be back in a few weeks with the results ;)
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.