Who is the average Celica Owner?

DannyScene

Average Celica owner?

50 this year, bricklayer to trade and now 28 years in railway operations, train driver 18 years and the driver manager and currently working as lead investigator in to operational incidents with FSR (Soon to be owned by Abelio)

Been biking since I was 8. Bikes my main passion

Have now owned 7 Celica's since 1989, first one Gen 3 XT2000. Gen 4 and then owned a Gen 5 for 5 years used as a family car covered 100 000 miles in that time, great motor. 3 Gen 6's one a GT4

Currently driving Gen 5 CS, Jaguar XK8, Corolla T Sport and a BMW 520d.

Wife and two eeejit sons ones a "student" in Glasgow Art College and the other an apprentice mechanic,

Probably average but still addicted speed on two wheels

50 yr old but still 21 at heart .

Ive had this gen7 for nearly 9 years now . Shes my baby and always will be . Never let me down , well apart from a couple of batteries. 115k miles ish , and running a rotrex charger with 13psi of boost at 323 bhp.

Just your average Joe lol

• Like 1

Current vehicles are:

Kia sportage - family mobile and 4 x4 if it all gets a bit white and iffy...

Vauxhall corsa vxr - manual turbo go kart

Suzuki gsxr1000 - the original mental sub 3 second 0 to 60 for sunny hot sticky Tarmac days

Oh and the beautiful 90's ST202 cabriolet sadly one of only about 40 on the roads in the UK, feel like trying to make them an endangered species and making people have to find and adopt one!..

Demographic you've probably already done the Sherlock bit - yep mid 40's male working in the Finance Industry.

As for celicas of all generations can't really pin anyone down to them, unlike Honda Jazz owners need I say more...

• Like 1

27 year old Instrument and Control Engineer...

Had a celica from 21-24 then a mini cooper s for a year then back to the celica.

Selling up soon to get a 350z though. :)

21 year old Motorsport electronics technician, technical support and currently training for race/performance data analyst role also.

Bought my 2006 Celica GT in February when I was 20 with 52,000 miles on the clock. It's now on 59,000.

Not sure if I'll ever sell up, loved the gen 7 ever since I was a little kid. Feels great to finally own one!

Edited by Knighty
  • Like 1

I guess most of us girls would say we are definitely not your 'average' Celica owner! We are a bit of a rarity :D

I had someone come up to me at a car event last year and say in a lovely Welsh accent "I'm not being funny or anything - but you don't look like the usual GT4 driver! How come you've got one?" To which my reply was "Well, maybe I looked a bit more like one when I first had it 17 years ago!!"

He was just being open and saying what was on his mind!! :lol:

I didn't like to say that my car wasn't 'just a GT4' but a Carlos Sainz - he might have keeled over....

Thinking about it, I don't know of another female CS owner in the country, so let me know if you hear of one!

• Like 2

49 year old maniac. Hi I.Q but wasted due to issues with authority figures (you know, the thick ones who talk sh*te and expect you not to mention their bad breath). :P Self employed as no one will give me a job due to said issues with authority. Happily making a living selling car and music related t-shirts on fleabay (lots of Toyota designs incidentally, hint, hint) and not having to deal with people in person (as I've noticed over the years that a lot of them are quite annoying). :angry:

Heavily medicated after an accident at work 5 years ago which displaced four discs in my spine, knackered my left knee and ankle, and generally ruined my ability to do most of the things I enjoy. In constant pain but deal with it by laughing as much as possible and taking the p*ss at every opportunity which presents itself. The wife says I'm a likeable nightmare, which seems like a fair comment to me. :thumbs:

Car history involves many cars I wish I still had, like the Toyota Celica mk1 GT, Mk1 Celica hatch, mk2 Celica 2600 (Arabian Gulf special, basically a Supra without the body work adornments). Datsun 240Z swb. Datsun 260Z. Datsun 280Z, Nissan 300ZX Z32 NA and Z32 Turbo swb. Lancia Integrale 8v x 2. Delta HF 4x4 (absolute rust bucket). Delta HF turbo x 2. Beta coupe x 4. Beta HPE x 7. Gamma coupe. Montecarlo x 2. Fiat 131 Sport x 4. Fiat 128 3p with Thema turbo conversion (just for a laugh, which I certainly did). Fiat 130 coupe. Fiat Samantha coupe. Fiat Strada Abarth 130TC. Really rough looking Fiat Tempra estate with Thema turbo conversion (loads more laughs). Rover SD1 3500SE V8. Rover 75 turbo estate (loved that car, the wife killed it, I remind her every day). Volvo 850 T5 estate (ex Royal Protection Unit vehicle and a real hoot to drive. Fastest brick in the UK). Loads of old Capri's and Cortina's including a couple of V8 conversions. 2 Opel Monza GSE's. An Opel Rekord GSE coupe. A few old Yanks including a '67 Plymouth Barracuda (with 7.2 litre big block), '74 Pontiac Firebird and a '71Chevy Camaro.

2 185 Celicas, one of which went to the great scrapyard in the sky while the other was lavished with loads of new parts. Owned the black one 10 years now and just finished the mechanical/body restoration which took 5 years due to extreme laziness. Virtually everything is new bar the interior. Still need to fit the windscreen that's sat in the garage after being made to order by Pilkington's and finish off the paint to a better standard as it's a bit thin in places but now distracted by actually driving the thing and embarrassing lots of d*cks with poor road manners by leaving them in a trail of Jap dust. Those jobs can wait 'til summer.

Yeah, I'm pretty average when all is said and done. Think I fit in here quite nicely. ;)

I had a Skoda 110L .................

at least they had a bit of rally heritage, folk laugh but few remember the way they dominated group n for a while :)

i had a load of 80,s metro city x,s mainly in shit brown. they were feild cars so lol

I'm really enjoying this thread! When I see another Celica in the wild I'm always interested to see who's driving. I'm turning 29 shortly and am a data analyst for a commercial energy consultancy.

21 year old Motorsport electronics technician, technical support and currently training for race/performance data analyst role also.

Bought my 2006 Celica GT in February when I was 20 with 52,000 miles on the clock. It's now on 59,000.

Not sure if I'll ever sell up, loved the gen 7 ever since I was a little kid. Feels great to finally own one!

A teacher at secondary school had a Gen 6 and always went on about how he was going to get a Porsche Boxter and then turned up with a brand new Gen 7. I always admired his Celicas and wanted a Gen 7 from then on. I finally got my wish 2 yeas ago (nearly to the day) when I came home with Aristotle. We are going to be together until the bitter end!

I only see rudeboyz or old people driving Celicas around Warwickshire :(

27 year old Instrument and Control Engineer...

Had a celica from 21-24 then a mini cooper s for a year then back to the celica.

Selling up soon to get a 350z though. :)

The 350Z is not as useful as a Celica... My husband has one and mine is the sensible car :D Granted it's probably more fun but I love my car more.

Edited by Aristotle

I'm really enjoying this thread! When I see another Celica in the wild I'm always interested to see who's driving. I'm turning 29 shortly and am a data analyst for a commercial energy consultancy.

A teacher at secondary school had a Gen 6 and always went on about how he was going to get a Porsche Boxter and then turned up with a brand new Gen 7. I always admired his Celicas and wanted a Gen 7 from then on. I finally got my wish 2 yeas ago (nearly to the day) when I came home with Aristotle. We are going to be together until the bitter end!

I only see rudeboyz or old people driving Celicas around Warwickshire :(

The 350Z is not as useful as a Celica... My husband has one and mine is the sensible car :D Granted it's probably more fun but I love my car more.

I've nothing left to do with this car though unless I supercharge and unless I'm tinkering I'll get bored :(

Never been interested in being practical, just fun! My partner likes the practical car, she's after a 5 door polo :) haha

• Like 1

Strangely the OP's ideas are fairly close on for me, IT professional from out of uni where I did music but I red line her plenty and I'm female too! Daddy's girl, spent my teenage years playing Gran Turismo with my male gay figure skating mate and polishing supras and Listers at his garage. I have a thing for any jap cars from the 70s 80s and 90s and early 2k. No idea where that came from not my family but I do love driving! So much I have binned tech support and I am training for category c license to drive 32 tonne trucks :D

Started with fords (never again), but my mate was selling the Celica to buy a Triumph stag when I was looking for a new car after my Mondeo died. Tested, reminded me of a mk2 mr2 I had driven years ago and I'm hooked :D

Quiet, eccentric, girly, immensely silly immature and inappropriate sense of humour, gay, ginger by choice... Probably not your typical Celica owner! Hoping to compliment the celi with an IS200 when circumstances allow.

22 year old engineering student who would rather spend his money on a nice car than many other things...

From what I've seen all sorts of people. I have noticed that more and more younger people are going for them now because of the prices coming down in the last couple of years though. You'd have to be pretty middle class to afford any gen Celica when they were new

Edited by alex282
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.