Who is the average Celica Owner?

DannyScene

What's that then MI5, Mi6, GCHQ or something even more secret?

Security Officer? Regular trips to North Korea? Occasional business meetings in the Middle East.

Slight bulge under armpit of jacket? Lots of gadgets?

Car Park attendant at Town Hall Car Park ;)

LOL, none of the above - it's the department that spends billions in developing nations across the globe - not as exciting (or mundane ORC ;) ) Askari but certainly interesting at times :thumbs:

I'm 62, drive a first generation with lot's of boy racer stickers and go faster stripes and I'm a full time HOOLIGAN!

:thumbs:

much kudos points earned from youngsters at work i've found , overheard not long after starting new job

"what you think of the new manager?"

"she's a ledge, man you seen her cars?, you wanna hear that vert on overrun and i want that gt4"

• Like 2

:thumbs:

much kudos points earned from youngsters at work i've found , overheard not long after starting new job

"what you think of the new manager?"

"she's a ledge, man you seen her cars?, you wanna hear that vert on overrun and i want that gt4"

Legend Jan! Enjoy and milk the moment! :lol::lol:

Edit:

Jan, when anyone from work mentions your car to you just voice very subtly " Yeah....it's ok but I might need to change the tyres.....when I push it and get in a 4 wheel drift I can't get it back on the steering......I have to use the throttle and a bit of left foot braking".....nonchalantly.......you won't have to make a cup of tea again!!! :lol: Legend!

Edited by BrianGT

31 years old on the outside, still living the dream as a young 20's in my head! till the next day, where its nope, definatly in my thirties! hahaha.

I work at sea as a second engineer officer on a private yacht doing 12 weeks at sea, to 6 weeks leave.

Loved cars since i was about 15/16, bought up on the Max power / fast car era. couldnt afford it, so had crappy mk2 fiestas first. Then moved into the Jap scene with an MR2 turbo, but had to sell it to go towards a house after a massive break up with ex fiance. then when i was settled i got the MR2's sensible older brother! and Moo has just got more and more mental as time ticks by.

Also own a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 FQ340 MR edition as our sensible 4 door and a boot run around! :lol:

I agree the older you get the more you won't to stay young which is reflected in your ride lol

My gen 5 looks like this

Photo1574_zps900c3226.jpg

The 165 like this.

Photo1622_zps2982dd4d.jpg

Then we get a bit more sensible The vert 162/165

Photo1722_zpsf37687bf.jpg

Then this for the gen 7 190 so far.

Photo1885_zps38d13782.jpg

Legend Jan! Enjoy and milk the moment! :lol::lol:

Edit:

Jan, when anyone from work mentions your car to you just voice very subtly " Yeah....it's ok but I might need to change the tyres.....when I push it and get in a 4 wheel drift I can't get it back on the steering......I have to use the throttle and a bit of left foot braking".....nonchalantly.......you won't have to make a cup of tea again!!! :lol: Legend!

:lol: I'll remember that one

Thanks to stuff have learnt on here the first time i worked with him he did indeed keep supplied with coffee after a conversation about wheel offsets/spacers and what the numbers on a rim meant ;)

• Like 1

I'm 48, All my working life has been in engineering, currently working as a Metrology inspector in a Norfolk sports car plant. The Celica is my first Japanese car,and really the first car I have really looked after and spent money on other than just a service. Previous cars were just rep-mobiles and practical A to B cars (Except a Mk1 VW Scirocco GT about 20 years ago) Most of my engineering background & knowledge had been used on restoring & rebuilding old British motorcycles.

The Celica has brought me into the car club scene with CCUK.and the past 5 years of ownership has been probably the most enjoyable of car ownership. Long may it last.

23, staff trainer at nandos(no, it;s not as good as it sounds but yes, i get very well fed and i graze like a cow!) i finished my sports coaching degree and graduating in a few weeks but actually hopnig to be doing some kind of driving job as its the main hobby i engage in outside my many copious and relentless hours of work to pay for my property , car and their maintenance. aside from one member ive met, i believe i a one of the youngest owners!! im still learning and have much of it to do but with my zzt231 as my 3rd car and an mx5 project with a friend coming up (no im not homosexually orientated and yes, the project partner is male) i think im headed the right way

• Like 1

As a soon to be Celica owner, I'm a 27 year old who works for an Aerospace company doing Facilities Management (amongst a host of other things) and have a keen interest in cars. I have had an interesting car history, mainy owning a range of classic Triumphs from the '70s and '80s.

I will be honest and say that I never really paid much attention to the Celica range, apart from the GT-Four in Sega Rally on Arcade Machines at Bowling Alleys and Seaside Attractions! :lol:

Its only recently when I was starting to look for a new car that someone recomended me to look at the Gen-6 Celica as I was after a reliable and comfortable but slightly interesting/different coupe/hatchback to replace my evergreen Metro!

I'm usually quite a reserved driver but do enjoy a good rag every now and again!

This is gonna be fun.

i just turned 18 in february

i study a degree in accounting and deliver pizzas at night and papers in the morning in glenrothes, scotland ;)

bought the car in april at 67201 miles and now she's on about 84000

• Like 2

I'd say the average owner would be in their fifties, lives on the South coast, drives a T Sport, knew nothing about moddin' till they discovered CCUK, now going through their second childhood, regularly swallows a dictionary, and falls asleep in public.

Just because I am away doesn't mean you are at liberty to extract the urine!

But if the cap fits?

Oh yes and apparently my face is called Sir, Ian or Daytona and my back "That bastard lawyer!"

Play nicely now.

• Like 1

I'm a 48year Financial Manager from Yorkshire, who loved banger racing, RAC and local rallies of the late 80s and 90s.

Use to tinker on my black and white Capri - always loved long nosed and stumpy bottomed cars in funky colours (first car was metallic purple) ;)

in 2000 bought a 18ST Tropicana (Gen 6) which I had for 11years, and now driving an even older GT.

Am I classed as middle aged?? to you youngsters maybe... but to me (and those in the club who know me) I am still a 20 year old at heart, and will still be riding in Gen 6s until I can no longer bend into them ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.