Bonnet Pins

digs

Ok, to get my intercooler in I am going to have to remove my oem bonnet latch, so looking at bonnet pins.

Anyone used them and have any recommendations ? Is it a case of just aerocatch and ignore others, or has anyone had good experience with ebay ones ?

Thanks

Digs

i would try and keep the catch mechanism if i was doing it, i dont really like the look of the aero catches and you ruin the bonnet as it will now have holes in it. Can you not make up some different brackets and mount it differently, there is quite a bit of room in the front if you custom mount things. I have custom mounted a different rad for my charge cooler and gearbox oil cooler and it all fitted in fine, but i have binned the aircon. i still have loads of space for another oil cooler if i wanted.

i would try and keep the catch mechanism if i was doing it, i dont really like the look of the aero catches and you ruin the bonnet as it will now have holes in it. Can you not make up some different brackets and mount it differently, there is quite a bit of room in the front if you custom mount things. I have custom mounted a different rad for my charge cooler and gearbox oil cooler and it all fitted in fine, but i have binned the aircon. i still have loads of space for another oil cooler if i wanted.

The bonnet is getting cut up anyway to add in some vents, so I am to too worried about that. I no longer have air con, and there is the perfect space for the dmic, if the brace wasn't there. however, see below...

Aerocatch all the way!

Ended up getting some now. As I am cutting the bonnet up anyway, will fit these and remove (but store) the stock mechanism. In the future if can get a better custom mount as per jez.w mentioned, can always find a replacement bonnet etc :)

thanks

Aerocatches FTW. mine is running stock catch and two lockable aero catches that were resprayed when i had the bonnet resprayd, so they arent as inyour face as say a set of black ones would be.

IMG_8011_zpsd3fc1941.jpg

01F187BC-9F76-4D79-BECF-707D23CCD5B0_zps

• Like 1

I used to use bonnet pins on my TA22 but that opens the other way so I could use the rear bonnet catch and pins at the front. Taking out the pins and pulling the bonnet catch meant easy removal of the bonnet but a pain in the butt to remove the bonnet just to check the oil!

Splinter...............your car looks AWESOME! I love the way it sits and those graphics!! B)

thanks splinter (plus that's how to do a celica, over the top, but everything for a functioning reason, love it), they look pretty good on yours :) ordered some white ones, will work out how to fit. Need to get rid of stock catch to fit bigger intercooler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.