How long have you had your Celica?

Seeing that I'm getting reminded to pay for my membership, and that I've put it in for its second major service and MOT, I've had mine 2 years and 1 month by the looks of it!

Traded in my EP2 Civic for what now appears to be a dutch parallel import 190 for £1000. The civic needed some new bushings for the front suspension and other associated stuff, so I decided to trade in instead. It STILL has it's CEL on, which later turns out to be a gammy rear O2 sensor. Passes MOT fine, so no concerns for me there!

Then

gallery_37539_1536_216384.jpg

Now

gallery_37539_1536_669170.jpg

gallery_37539_1536_633989.jpg

Lowered, running Lenzo D1Rs, boot lip spoiler and some audio upgrades. Love it, and can't think of trading it for anything else. Fits two mountain bikes in the back with the seats down, and the subwoofer in place!

As long as it keeps passing MOTs, I'm not going to sell it!

• Like 1

My gen4 is my first Celica,had a gen5 briefly and a JDM 205 GT4 for a while inbetween,but the gen4 has always been numero uno

Bought in 2009 for £190 with a little tax and MOT

P8040651.jpg

P8040654.jpg

And 2014,everything has been pretty much changed/modified since then.Engine,suspension,brakes exhaust,body panels,paint, yada yada..

Bluewaterjun14016_zps94eb86e6.jpg

20130811_125553_zps18f6c530.jpg

Coilovers fitted since this last pic :thumbs:

5 years and counting,certainly not as long as some! no intention of ever getting rid though as I love driving it so much B) Times gone quick actually.....

This car is awesome. If I ever wanted a gen 4 it would be this one. Love it mate :thumbs:

Carl B's gen 1 is simply :drool: too would love his car!!!

Had my Gen 7 140 nearly a whole week.!!!! :rolleyes: ..but I already love it to bits..even though I think it's gonna cost me a new clutch as I'm pretty sure I have a worn thrust bearing. :(

Neil

You must be the winner so far - that's a long time! Tell us more! I'm not very good on early Gens so more info would be good.

Have you got others too?

Edited by CheltGirl

It's now 10 years since I ordered my 7 from Falmer & Carlisle in Loughborough, still a relative newcomer compared to the TR, purchased in March 1985.

That's impressive, Kev...on both counts.!! :thumbs: ..the only vehicle I've kept 10 years was a V6 Chevrolet Astro.!

Neil

That's impressive, Kev...on both counts.!! :thumbs: ..the only vehicle I've kept 10 years was a V6 Chevrolet Astro.!

Neil

Thank you, I worked in the motor trade for many years, Neil, and what so many people don't seem to take into account, is depreciation. So I like to think I've chosen carefully, and then keep for a long time :)

Thank you, I worked in the motor trade for many years, Neil, and what so many people don't seem to take into account, is depreciation. So I like to think I've chosen carefully, and then keep for a long time :)

Me too, Kev....I spent 10 years with MG/Rover (sorry about that..lol)..but it did teach me about depreciation.!

Neil

It's now 10 years since I ordered my 7 from Falmer & Carlisle in Loughborough, still a relative newcomer compared to the TR, purchased in March 1985.

Wow, that's amazing! That's 29 years of ownership for the TR!

Can anyone beat this?

You must be the winner so far - that's a long time! Tell us more! I'm not very good on early Gens so more info would be good.

Have you got others too?

It's a 1974 built Ta22 gt, 1600 twin-cam with 5 speed and LSD, totally standard apart from the wheels. I do have others but rather than fill up this thread with pics, have a look at my Flickr site - go to Flickr and search for 'celicacity', it's full of Celica related nonsense, but the album to look for is 'celica projects'. :)

My slippery road started about 6 years ago , fancied a golf gti ended up with a gen 4 , I was a bit of a rot pig , but still retro cool

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

After 2 years I got olive , my pride and joy , and still my fav

543309_10151002448369610_1285650665_n1.j

Then after 2 years , and a blown engine in olive I bought dufus off Derren as a stop gap till olive came back on the road , but dufus robbed olives cool parts , and ended up looking similar to mooks Rufus , and olive went to celica heaven

dufus.jpg

Then after about a year with dufus I wanted something more grrrrrr , so bought a faff ! my current thorn in my side , the faff

temporary_zps2da6cf47.jpg

image_zps5f5042d6.jpg

It has ringland failure , it's costing me fortune as I am rebuilding the whole bloody car , not just the engine

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.