What damage will oil through exhaust do?

digs

Hi, need to get my car down to Beks next weekend (hopefully), but the turbo is currently spewing oil into the exhaust.

It's only a half hour drive, and at the end of it's journey the engine and turbo are being removed, so not considered on damage to that. don't really care about the oil drinking or smoke out the back.

However, will the oil damage the sports cat and/or wideband sensor ? If so would really need to trailer it down...

Though maybe not a bad idea as won't have a car to drive back if I drive mine down!

cats welded in, will be undo downpipe and have a rather massive noise from engine though not much smoke as the oil falls striahgt out......

probably trailer then tbh....cat cost enough in the first place......may already be ruined as it's been driven already like this before I realised....

Though if can clean cat..... not worried about looking/sounding like a complete div :)

Edited by digs

will shiply it and see what comes up, as long as a couple of firms are interested, maybe not too bad, especially as can drive on and off transport (unlike the current pita shell I am getting transported!!)

Edited by digs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.