so how many guys had this problem the weekend ....

Akuma77

We had it really bad here in the south-west when it rained Friday night - the two black cars were totally covered. Thick on the screens too. Every slight shower seems to bring down a bit more, so we're leaving the cars until it clears!

I just driven to work swearing my head off because of this!!

Washed it Saturday and just drive it to my girlfriends and left it there till Sunday, Sunday it was covered In it!

Got home and got the clay bar, polish and wax on it then today full of sand again!!!!!

• Like 1

I fell foul as well, the sun came out to play on Saturday so I was out cleaning Aristotle.

Turns out it was all a waste of time as the bastard dusty stuff was all over it this morning.

After work I came back to my car to see it had pissed it down in Warwick and left dirty muddy spots all over Aristotle.

I'm doubly sad as during that cleaning episode I also realised Aristotle is in need of bodywork repair :(

from what my dad saw - looks like the trees caught it, then when the sun came out and dried them, the dust dried and the wind caught it and blew it off the tress onto the surrounding area - we have a lot of big trees which may explain it

Yeah, I was sat in my living room and have 3 big pine trees out the back and I thought they were on fire any gust of wind and they were smoking really bad Edited by JonSam50

I was laughing but now I've checked my car, she's covered as well. I'm sure it want there this morning, maybe it was in the rain we had earlier this evening.

Amazing that's it's been blown here from the Sahara.

Be very careful how you wash it off. It's Saharian sand and it may seem fine and soft but it is highly abrasive.

Don't use a mitt or sponge. You must hose it or snow foam it completed off the bodywork.

Be very careful how you wash it off. It's Saharian sand and it may seem fine and soft but it is highly abrasive.

Don't use a mitt or sponge. You must hose it or snow foam it completed off the bodywork.

oops too late we did it with a wash mitt yesterday but also it has many layers of wax so maybe we are lucky lol..

I was wondering how my car got dirty, it was clean today when I went to work, come out after at 4:40pm ish and saw the car covered in this dust crap. not happy, cost me £3.50 for a car wash too at tescos. proper pissed now. :angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.