Rotary polisher asap

3 cars to do as soon as it stops b****y raining!!!!

No rush then ;)

I have a cheap 12V one from Halfords (think it's 9 inch ish) which is good for covering large areas such as you find on cars. I doubt it would last long if you were a regular polisher though.

When I'm refurbing our electric vehicles (all small areas) I use a 3 inch backing plate in a battery electic drill on low speed plus g-mop compounding foams. I use the 3M stuff - fastcut to get the scratches out then polish rosa to finish off. My local supplier also does a combined cutting compound and polish which is handy for a quick one - stop spruce up.

Edited by _Chris_

You'd be hard pushed to find a better machine than one of these for the money and if you use the code S2KUK you'll get 5% off which equates to free next day delivery

Thanks. Current favourite, very similar spec amchine 3 year warranty and about 30 cheaper or can buy as part of kit.

Will decide over lunch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Professional-Rotary-Polisher-Autoglym-Paint-Pro-Polishing-Kit-/261319819264?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3cd7e00000

Dublet, Chris, both talking DA machines I think. Going to have a pop with full rotary jobbie :)

Hmmmm Princy, whats the double gearing thing on your suggestion and how do you know the discount code?????

Edited by daytona

Hmmmm Princy, whats the double gearing thing on your suggestion and how do you know the discount code?????

The double gearing thing is by all accounts an improvement made to reduce gear wear and increase the life of the polisher and the discount code popped up a while ago on Detailing World, there were others worth slightly more but they've expired.

The Silverline is meant to be a decent enough machine, I haven't used one myself but they're meant to be a little noisy and a touch on the heavy side

The double gearing thing is by all accounts an improvement made to reduce gear wear and increase the life of the polisher and the discount code popped up a while ago on Detailing World, there were others worth slightly more but they've expired.

The Silverline is meant to be a decent enough machine, I haven't used one myself but they're meant to be a little noisy and a touch on the heavy side

oh well in for a penny I guess. The kids will be paying half as it's my birthday and their cars that need doing up to sell.

Shiney FTO & MX5 anyone?

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

Given your skill level in most things, I'd think you should stick with a DA first. :)
  • Like 1

Given your skill level in most things, I'd think you should stick with a DA first. :)

So encouraging. Please don't breed. This country can't afford the therapy bill for your offspring.

So having practiced with a DA last year :P it's time to move on.

Cheers Princy the one below winging its way south west, duly discounted and with a selection of pads. :D

yeah, I shall be making my mistakes on my sons cars first ;)

Low rpm and white pad on mine! Got a reasonable finish with a cheap da last year. Whilst mine will never be showroom again without the whole front end being sprayed, due to stone chips, I think with a bit of time and effort I can have it pretty tidy for the summer.

I have to disagree. Go with a Rotary - most people I speak too find it easier than a DA. Follow Princys advice and you can't go wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.