Body kit, Fitting and Painting

Jaras1990

Hi anyone know who can paint and fit Body-Kit for a "normal" price :D. I just receive e-mail from RTP and they asked me for 3,600+VAT to paint and fit Spec R-1 Wide Arch Body Kit. I think its a bit too much for painting and fitting as the price for body-kit is around 1,000 so it will be around 5,000 to do whole thing :D. Thank You for any help :)

Edited by Jaras1990

Ouch. I know it will be expensive as they will have to shape it to fit, then paint match. Just Google car body shops in your area and go on a price/reputation basis. Cheapest is definitely not best in terms of bodywork. If they cock it up too it will cost more to fix it.

I'd say budget £500 for paint then whatever the labor of shaping and assembling is.

• Like 2

I get message from BerkshireBodyShop.co.uk and they asking for:

£600.00 labour £200.00 paint matrails total

£800.00 plus vat

What you lot thinking about it? Its cheaper than RT :D

Have they seen the kit you want fitting?, as I don't see how they can quote without examining it first.

What are you doing about the wheel arch plastics?.

• Like 2

Body kit fitting isn't cheap. If you want it to last and be fitted properly you need to pay. Is that a full respray? It's worth going to somewhere that fits body kits regularly rather than just guessing. I payed £1600 for a respray on my last car with the doors smoothed. Not the cheapest but 3 years later it still looks good and no problems with chips or paint peeling.

• Like 1

Hi anyone know who can paint and fit Body-Kit for a "normal" price :D. I just receive e-mail from RTP and they asked me for 3,600+VAT to paint and fit Spec R-1 Wide Arch Body Kit. I think its a bit too much for painting and fitting as the price for body-kit is around 1,000 so it will be around 5,000 to do whole thing :D. Thank You for any help :)

Given their work, I too am looking to have a wide arch kit fitted and painted by them, do you have any idea whats involved in the full fitting and fettling of a wide arch kit?! there is a tonne of work to do to ensure panel gap correctness and body lines matching, full body prep. not to mention the rer arches being cut out and then reweld the inner arch to the rear wings to allow for more drop to open out the rear arch, then have the kit fully bonded and flushed into to the car, then snad and prep the whole lot for a paint and finish worthy of a show winning award.

People that get shitty cheap body kits (the spec R-1 is a rip off of the APR wide arch kit) then moan when quoted a fair price considering the amount of work involved is beyond me?! Its a lot of work, it aint going to be cheap, and if it is, it will be shit.

Stump up the cash and get it done right first time.

I get message from BerkshireBodyShop.co.uk and they asking for:

£600.00 labour £200.00 paint matrails total

£800.00 plus vat

What you lot thinking about it? Its cheaper than RT :D

They will literaly put the kit on the car and paint it. no fitting or line matching or panel gap matching, probably not smoothed in, just bonded to the body.

Cheap, shitty job.

Body work is expensive, its the nature of the beast. it takes time and effort to do it right. and time is money.

Edited by splinter
  • Like 1

well as has been said you very much get what you pay for & unless it was "mates rates" i wouldn't expect much change from £2k for a decent spay job never mind fitting a full body kit, so how you honestly expect a good job for sub £1k for fitting & respray without a mate in the trade doing you a favour is unrealistic at best.Sry if that comes across harsh but its very rare you get a decent job done bodywork wise cheap :(

Edited by sh3p
  • Like 1

I asked a berkshire-bodyshop about their expierience in body kits and they said is not a lot :D. I think im going to spend more money and choose RTP as they already done fitting and painting that specific body kit on celica :), so I have the guarantee on the job they are going to do. Thanks for you help guys :)

I am gonna sound like a suckup now, but I wouldnt give any of my cars to anyone else but Ray and Tarras at RT, the level of dedication and attention they put into their work is incredible, they fixed my celica for me when I stupidly creased up the rear quarter and job was perfect.

As Splinter says, pay cheap you get cheap, we dont want to be seeing any celica on barry boys now do we lol.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.