Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
4jw

Oops , scrap on bumper

Question

Like a bell, I was lifting an axle into my boot, hand cramped and it slide down my rear bump! Def about a mm deep. Can this be detailed up or is it bye bye bumper?:( doesn't bother me as much as the second pic shows an existing scuff . That savagable?Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

14 answers to this question

depemds how good you want it. Yes you could touch it in with a fine brush but bound to be visible. You could try a partial spray, but reds can be tough to feather in as the old paint is prone to fade. Only sure way is to do the whole lot 100-150 proffessionaly but not tough as a diy job.

it's just a concern as i dont want to come to my firt car meet being the scum who scuffs and leaves it alone!! always said the looks come last but even im feeling the pressure to look good!

Well park next to mine. I was giving son a lift and he has a ridiiiiculous drive / entrance. Took it an inch too wide and wheel slipped of kerb = supension sagging onto adjacent boulder = 5 parallel scrapes on underside of bumper. Pale gry plastic shows against storm blue a treat I can assure you. Front has some lovely stone chips and inside full of dog hair and the console is ripped out. Now how much of that am I going to sort out in 9 days. Not a lot. The weathers crap so Portsmouth won't be a show and shine. Plenty of time to get it proper tidy for Castle Coombe Jap fest in May :D

Just get a touch up stick for now a do it properly when it's a bit warmer.

im down for that! i am kind of ashamed that i wasnt even the one to do that damage to the car (bar the scrap here!) i knew what i was getting myself in for so cant complain, i have a celica!!

:) i think i have a parking space! unless you guys decide to park either side of a lamp post

Edited by 4jw

:) i think i have a parking space! unless you guys decide to park either side of a lamp post

A GT sandwiched by TSports. All as it should be :thumbs:

• Like 1

That needs paint, no way you can polish it out.

dont i have to sand it down? primer, all that jazz?

You could get a touch up pen, run it in and the compound it or wet and dry then polish.

I would be tempted just to get chips away to look at it.

Get another red bumper mate cheapest option ......... I will keep an eye out for ya I am always looking for Celica bits I will just add your red bumper to my list :) :) :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this