engine helps :)

Bobo

Sorry if this is in the wrong place :)but I am looking at dropping a newer engine in my brum once I've stripped her back and sorted the paint issue. Anyone on here know of anywhere I can get one for at a reasonable price with descent mileage as this one has almost 150,000.

Decided she was a bargain and I'm wanting to fix her up and customise her to death :)

:please: Help

ThAnks bobo :)

Do you need a new engine? That is the question !!

Customising will push up your insurance.

Well the mileage is quite high and if I'm fixing up the body work I may as well put an engine in with less mileage so it lasts longer :)

I'm just looking at customising paint at the minute :) just after the same engine but less miles

Miles don't bother me either. I will be dropping a vvtli with 130k into mine. And if it was a 3sge, it would worry me even less. Only 6 I would worry about would be the 1.8 7afe as I know they can burn oil.

If it runs well, I'd leave it alone until it's necessary.

Get someone who REALLY knows to have a look at it.

Takes very little to asses the wear state of an engine.

Get it on the bench, take the sump off, part a couple of big ends on it.

Take off the rocker cover, remove a couple of cam caps.

With engines an old saying rings true.... better the devil you know, than the devil you don't!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.