CV boot banding tools.

splinter

Hi all.

Trying to get everything ready for my return so I can get the engine in and running before the wedding.

Whilst removing the drive shafts, I managed to knock off two cv boot clamps. So I will need to clean these out and renew the grease and then re and it. The boots have all been done recently and are in very good condition. All I need is new grease and something to band it with.

So

What grease do you use?

What bands, and tools are required to tighten them back up with?

Many thanks

Matt

but the boots are fine, i just need new metal securing bands. Not too keen on just using zip ties! just want to know what is a good tool/band kit to buy?

also grease too, as its got dust in there, need to clean out two joints and re-grease it.

just use the nylon cable ties. not the little skinny plastic ones the ones that are about 18" long and about 10mm wide. never had a problem and a lot easier to use than the metal ones.

as for grease you can wash the joint out with normal white spirit and most places sell it now as said above as cv grease.

Gotta say I'm one of the cowboys who use cable ties on CV joints.

It's not ideal but it is easy. Saying that I've not had a cable tie fail yet though.

There are varying grades of quality when it comes to cable ties mind you.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.