Ok - bought the Celica. Next target?

Salcat

Hi Guys,

I always like to have a target; something to work towards. I am always more motivated when I have a purpose :) Out of these options, which would you choose?

1. Supercharge (and probably go forged low comp, LSD, exhaust etc while I'm there)

2. Buy track car (probably an EP3 CTR/328i/330ci/mr2 etc)

3. Save for new car (370z Nismo/TTRS/GT86/BRZ STI/Exige S) then use the Celica for tracking/runabout.

Track car? Only one option.

_42995707_sevensliding.jpg

:D

You can take your Celica on track days, several people on here do it.

Take the Celica on a track day while it's my only car?! A daunting thought given some of the crashes I've seen (for example a fiesta st got completely and utterly destroyed because of a stone on the track!)

Any of those options would've terrified me insurance-wise at 19...!!

The time it'll take me to save for any of these, I'll be at the very least 21 which is the magic age for insurance companies :D But yes insurance is just legalised robbery at 19 :(

i think you'll be surprised about the insurance at 21, im 24 with no claims and its still ridiculous money to get insured on anything thats got more power than your average hairdryer.

Edited by ashparky

Take the Celica on a track day while it's my only car?! A daunting thought given some of the crashes I've seen (for example a fiesta st got completely and utterly destroyed because of a stone on the track!)

I track my Celica and it's my only car on the road at the mo, I've only seen a few cars crashed on track and every single one has been because the driver was being a bit of a prat.

25 and 30 makes a difference to insureance

Yep last year made a crazy difference for me going over 25, hadn't seen a change since then

Save for a new car with more power and use the Celica... never?

Buy a proper Celica, they have proper power :sofa:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.