car broken into today - but looks like everything so far is ok

digs

My Celica was bought after my Corsa got stolen. Quite a good result! The first thing I had to fix was the central locking. In my incompetant hands, I locked the keys inside. Took less than 5 mins to fashion a coat hanger and feed it through the top window corner then flick the door lock button. No damage done either. Its too easy I'm afraid.

On the 7, if you press the lock button twice it will deadlock so even if you smash the window you cannot open the door.

A load of cars around my mates got broken into last year and all they took was change out of all of the ashtrays .

Sorry to hear this dude :(

Its soul destroying when you know someone has been snooping around in your car. Feels weird when you get in it the next time to drive it :(

They smashed my rear quarter the first time they broke into my car, then had another 3 attempts after that (kept finding new marks on the door frame etc where they obviously thought they could bend the door frame and not realising it doesn't have a frame at the top)

My Fiance's business was broken into last night, they nicked a fair bit and ransacked the place - soul destroying :(

Work so hard for these utter douchebags (that's a polite way of saying what it) to just take it all away!

On the 7, if you press the lock button twice it will deadlock so even if you smash the window you cannot open the door.

A load of cars around my mates got broken into last year and all they took was change out of all of the ashtrays .

Good grief! For the change in the ashtrays? That is just so utterly contemptible I'm lost for words!

Stolen 1989 Opel Manta 2.0 ltr GTE Metallic Gold matching alloys bronze tinted widows. 1 owner 45k on clock from new. Stolen Torquay day after new clutch fitten driven to moors near blackburn and torched. Bucking fastards. :blowup::blowup::blowup:

Glad it was just tools digs. If the security is crap often wise to put a big yellow wheel lock on it. Not foolproof but crims usually bone idle sods and they will move on to the next one. Deadlocking good......so long as you have a spare key!

Thanks guys again, helps to have a moan and get some support :)

And total crap about cars and businesses, I don't think judges etc realise how much this stuff chips away at people's happiness.

Yeah, something obvious and yellow that says this will be a hassle, especially with the ease it seems of opening it up would be good. Just more cost...

Thanks guys again, helps to have a moan and get some support :)

And total crap about cars and businesses, I don't think judges etc realise how much this stuff chips away at people's happiness.

Yeah, something obvious and yellow that says this will be a hassle, especially with the ease it seems of opening it up would be good. Just more cost...

I f you need a another door lock let me know mate,pretty sure i have a lock set..happy to donate..

All ill say to anyone reading This is do what I do

1.clean satnav mark off windscreen

2.leave glovebox, ashtray and centre console compartment open so nothing is on show

Nicking change? Pennies?? Gosh I knew we were in a recession but this is something else!!

I hate stories like this.

A few years back my mates dad looked out of his window to see 2 lads slicing the roof on his MX5, he opened the door and shouted at them and they told him to go back inside they only wanted his cigs !

£300 roof slashed for £3 pack of cigs

Anyone who damages someone else's property intentionally should go to prison no questions asked. Or cut there hands off.. either is fine

I f you need a another door lock let me know mate,pretty sure i have a lock set..happy to donate..

Thanks btw! sorry, didn't before. Look ok, keys was a bit stiff but working ok now. Appreciate the offer though :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.