car broken into today - but looks like everything so far is ok

digs

came back from work to find my car has been broken into :( nothing has been taken by the look of it, wasn't anything obvious in there, they missed by emanage (which I am removing). Doors were left open, not shut (left pushed to) so no battery left.

Opened everything up, checked the boot etc. Removed fuse cover for some reason....guess they were thinking of taking it ? Can't imagine why except to joy ride.

Happy they didn't smash a window to get in to take a look, worried that the doors were so easily opened without a key!!!! Is it that easy to get into Gen 6s ?

Police will give me a call in 24 to 48 hours....and asked me to leave things as they are. However am removing the emanage. That will also stop it working till they work out to plug in ecu. Batteries dead now anyway.

Pretty damn annoyed! Once police do come, then will need to recharge my battery to get it to work.

Edited by digs

cheers guys :) yeah, looking for a lock up/garage etc to rent now to put it in I think, wanted to but this has made me want to be a bit more active. Don't like leaving it at the moment!

TBH, between the exhaust, and having to work out the emanage loom I have left, hopefully will be alerted. The exhaust alone if I leave the window open should alert me!

If you can, whip the battery out and take in to recharge. leaving it flat for several days, you might as well weigh it in now !!! It is probably also the most nickable thing for that very reason - £450 / ton for car batteries.

Sounds like they were going to try & nick it but got disturbed.

Did they damage the door locks to get in ?

drivers side seems harder to turn, but still does, def feels not smooth anymore though, have to push in and twist a bit more. Guess that's where they did.

Time to get a better set. :D:sofa:

and you know what, probably right!

Battery is out now as well, going nowhere!

Edited by digs

If the socket set was visible, that's probably what they went in for. Christmas is coming, a ready market for such things and people desperate for money.

One common trick for breaking in is to force a small screwdriver in beside the lock and then push the lever behind up/down. Check beside the lock for a little hole. They tried nicking my sisters micra once like that - I think the Nottingham kids hadn't grasped the 'joy' part of joyriding. :D

hole-under-door-lock.jpeg

My Celica was bought after my Corsa got stolen. Quite a good result! The first thing I had to fix was the central locking. In my incompetant hands, I locked the keys inside. Took less than 5 mins to fashion a coat hanger and feed it through the top window corner then flick the door lock button. No damage done either. Its too easy I'm afraid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.