mixed nuts

andi

I have completed a DIY wheel reburb today. A question I now have is about my nuts. Each wheel has 4 flat faced standard nuts and 1 tapered security locking nut. This seems wrong to me as I feel all the nuts should be flat faced! Anyone know if this is correct?

I have completed a DIY wheel reburb today. A question I now have is about my nuts. Each wheel has 4 flat faced standard nuts and 1 tapered security locking nut. This seems wrong to me as I feel all the nuts should be flat faced! Anyone know if this is correct?

Dependant on the wheels mate this is correct. I.e tsport alloys

so i think you should have all 5 as the washer type , does the end of the washer type fit inside the hole ?

This is what I think too! The tapered seat nuts were all much looser when I removed the wheels.

P1014466_zpsf23eb16a.jpg

Edited by andi

I know the link below is "collection only", but this is the type you need..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-locking-wheel-nuts-/331063293305?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item4d14e8f579

Get the McGard type if you can, as the "three prong" type fitted to early Gen 7's are nowhere near as good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.