Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
andi

mixed nuts

Question

I have completed a DIY wheel reburb today. A question I now have is about my nuts. Each wheel has 4 flat faced standard nuts and 1 tapered security locking nut. This seems wrong to me as I feel all the nuts should be flat faced! Anyone know if this is correct?

9 answers to this question

This is embarrassing. I have misplaced the locking nut socket. Anyone got a spare for sale or know where I can get one?

I have completed a DIY wheel reburb today. A question I now have is about my nuts. Each wheel has 4 flat faced standard nuts and 1 tapered security locking nut. This seems wrong to me as I feel all the nuts should be flat faced! Anyone know if this is correct?

Dependant on the wheels mate this is correct. I.e tsport alloys

I, you will need to look at the wheels themselves. If one of the nut holes is tapered then all good. However if all the holes are flat faced then someone has put the wrong sort of lock nuts on at some point.

Not sure what they are called but they were on the car when I bought her. Made by Fondmetal is all I know.

P1014462_zpsbc6a23e7.jpg

so i think you should have all 5 as the washer type , does the end of the washer type fit inside the hole ?

so i think you should have all 5 as the washer type , does the end of the washer type fit inside the hole ?

This is what I think too! The tapered seat nuts were all much looser when I removed the wheels.

P1014466_zpsf23eb16a.jpg

Edited by andi

I know the link below is "collection only", but this is the type you need..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-locking-wheel-nuts-/331063293305?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item4d14e8f579

Get the McGard type if you can, as the "three prong" type fitted to early Gen 7's are nowhere near as good.

Do you think anyone would nick these wheels though? id be tempted to just put 4 normal ones on

saying that I did have someone try to pinch my ma61 wheels from the ta22 - but they are rare now

Sign in to follow this