My nuts are too big

Heckle

Soooo... got a set of wheels today, they were previously from a gen 7 and a gen 5 GT4, but they don't want to go on my gen 6 GT. My stock 21mm nuts are too big to fit in the nut wells of these rims. Do gen 7's and 5's use 19mm nuts? And if so, are the threads the same?

Depending on the wheels - you could go for 17mm head ones if space is tight - I would only fit tuner ones if they are the only ones that would fit the wheel - have seen too many cars with cracked ones - saying that I have them on the mr2 - but that is because they wont take a normal nut

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-x-Chrome-Steel-Wheel-Nuts-M12x1-5mm-Honda-Mitsubishi-Toyota-Mazda-/221272342953?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item3384dc01a9

If I was you, I'd go for the set in the 2nd link Kev16v sent you mate. They're guaranteed to fit. I got the ones you've linked & they still wouldn't go into my wheels. The internal drive ones will :thumbs:

The ones I linked should be ok, as long as the dimensions quoted are accurate, I should have 0.5-1mm clearance on the anti-theft key. Just will mean I have to be careful to make sure not to touch the sides when torquing them up.

Depending on the wheels - you could go for 17mm head ones if space is tight - I would only fit tuner ones if they are the only ones that would fit the wheel - have seen too many cars with cracked ones - saying that I have them on the mr2 - but that is because they wont take a normal nut

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-x-Chrome-Steel-Wheel-Nuts-M12x1-5mm-Honda-Mitsubishi-Toyota-Mazda-/221272342953?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item3384dc01a9

Do you therefore recommend a lower torque setting if tuners are fitted?

I would normally use my torque wrench set to 76lb/ft(100Nm), as even with the short brace from the OEM toolkit I am liable to over tighten. I have been nicknamed
''gorilla-grip'' on numerous occasions for breaking studs, bolts, rounding nuts, and generally giving it too much welly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.