CTeck charger

cuddles

I have purchased a Ctek MXS 5.0 charger as I have now taken the TS off the road till spring. I have plugged it in and set it on the car option. It has lit up the lights to say it is now fully charged. Is it really safe to leave it on right over winter or do i take it off and do it again every month? I am used to older chargers and it doesn't feel right to leave it on for 5 months. It doesn't say in the manuel.

Thanks.

Edited by cuddles

You'll be fine to leave it connected during the Winter.

However, if it makes you happier, you could just top up the battery charge weekly if leaving the battery connected to the car. Alternatively, take the battery off the car and bring it indoors, the battery would only then need charging monthly, but make sure the room is well ventilated.

I've chosen the third option for two cars currently sorn'ed, and it only takes a few hours to top them up using my smart charger, which has a max. output of 3.8A (your CTEK is 5A).

HTH :)

I leave batteries on charge all the time have 4 cteks on clients cars never had any issues and the insurance company thought it was also a good idea as cars kept locked and alarmed when I'm away from warehouse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.