Well Done CCUK Members in Toyota Sprint Series 2013

Dan_Q

Apologies if this has been mentioned by others in here (its rare i'm let out!) but I just wanted to take an opportunity to say well done to our Celica Club members in this years Toyota Sprint Series Championship.

1374712_446140048830617_1741931209_n.jpg

The above table shows Our very own Chris Girdler (skirmish) taking his chassis and transmission tuned Gen 7 Tsport to the Class C Pro win, and 14th overall.

998633_10151775218479907_924439164_n.jpg

Member Joe Tapply (gravel) got a great result in his supercharged Gen 7, with a class result of 4th in A3 Pro and 16th overall against very tough (mainly ST205's) competition.

526537_10153266970630597_221336705_n.jpg

Another mention should also go out to Paul Atkinson (paulgtt), who joined us for a couple of rounds in his track prepped ST205, Paul also plans to join us next year in the Class X (anything goes) stable, with his Evo 6.

SAM_0070_zps48958d4e.jpg

Well done guys! If I have forgotten anyone then please post up :lol: I'm terrible for that.

If anybody is interested in the series, be it car prep for 2014 down to spectating, keep an eye out in the motorsport section- we'll happily answer any questions for anything to do with the series.

Thanks,

Dan :)

• Like 1

You could do it on a round by round basis, which is what I did, and I went to the 2 local tracks so fuel costs were kept down aswell.

You'll need a Snell approved helmet and a pair of race gloves if you haven't got them already and thats about it.

With regards to the car, well, thats down to how much you want/can spend on it, some people take virtually standard cars so its as expensive as you want to make it.

Wish I had the money to take part :(

it isn't expensive mate. see what paul says and you can even hire a helmet for £20 for a one off try. I wish I could afford a fancy gen 7...... it all depends where you put your cash ;)

thanks Dan,

Really enjoyed the season tbh. really looking forward to next year now. :)

good man, me too :)

fair enough pal. but remember sprinting adds far far less stress to your vehicle than a track day, uses less fuel, less rubber, and the outlay(entry fees) is around the same.

hopefully one day you'll be financially comfortable enough to join us fella :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

met roger greaves, listed above purely by chance the other day, spotted his gt4 and got chatting about the celicas for a while, nice chap.

cool! cracking chap is roger, salt of the earth. he's just sold 3 of his 4 st205's..... nobody knows what his "team" will be running next year!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.