It's been fun

This is the post I was dreading... The swap to a more economical car: losing the Celica.

Just a quick thanks to all that have helped on the forum; after the initial problem with the radiator the its returned 6 months of problem free driving.

To have the opportunity to drive such a beautiful car, and my dream car too will have to do. (next to the VX220) Hopefully in a couple of years time I might be able to buy another Gen7 when circumstances change. Other than the large number of blind spots with this car I have not been able to find any problem with it...would be unfair to blame the price of petrol / tax / insurance on the car now wouldn't it.

:bye1: Goodbye Mario (long story for the celicas name)

I will probably still post on the forum and remain a member to help contribute financially to keep it running...unless I am now extradited from the community and filed under 'turncoat'. :P

post-42171-0-78228700-1380675009_thumb.jpg

post-42171-0-47428000-1380675389_thumb.jpg

what a shame, its crap when you 'have to' sell, not because you want to, that happened with my gen 5 probs about 8 - 9 years ago, and I still regret it after all this time :( but needs must so good luck with the new car buddy :)

Worst of reasons for selling :(

I've owned over 20 cars through the years and I have only "patted" 3 on a regular basis BB, a TR4a irs and an audi quattro coupe of the "fire up the quattro" generation.

The other 2 were sold due to "circumstances" so I know how you feel. Hope things are back on the up soon for you.

Oldred,

I regretted it the minute I did it, but I was only holding off the inevitable and I would have had to have made the change soon anyway. The 140 isn't terrible on fuel I have to admit . But currently I don't need to drive to my work and I'm averaging around 30-35ish MPG. That's driving carefully everywhere keeping under 2,000 RPM with the odd blast when he's warmed up.

Thanks Si, I taken some pictures so I'll have the memories haha. I'll post a pic of my celica next to my new car so I can see the scale of my mistake :P. It makes it so much more difficult when theres absolutely nothing wrong with the car when selling. I basically had 1 hour to decide to take a deal on a new car so it's still a shock to me.

1977, the GT86 looks amazing doesn't it. If the 2.0 Auto gets an AVG of 39MPG that's not bad at all...WOuld be nice If I could say I swapped it for a GT86 :lol:

Thanks Daytona, Just trying to juggle things around. If no extra money is coming in you got to look at ways for cutting your current expendiature haven't you. I bet the quattro coupe hurt to part with.

Yea Colin haha a downgrade to Groupy :rolleyes: that's why Cravo is scuttling for one!

Yeah, sadly it was only the 2.2 non turbo but the handling was years ahead of it's time, comfortable and quiet and without the power bulges it was quite a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Oddly felt a bit short of character and if I could have either of them back? TR4 every time. Completely different era but just sooooooooooo much fun and now worth a small fortune.

Okay, I have the pics of my new car to show you... As you will be able to see I have tried my hardest to make it as close to my Celica as I could.

Tell you what though, I never realised just how sprite the 140 engine was in the gen 7!

On the plus side, it's still red and now you can completely see out the rear window :D not that parking it looks difficult, whichever orientation you tried it would probably fit any which way.

It's not the end, you're just going on a 'break'...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.