My Celica has gone :(

Aftershock

So much Alfa negativity ! Lol . Loving my 156 , looked at quite a few before taking the plunge , joined a forum and did some research , only drama so far has been a squeaky belt when damp . Though I do miss my celica , my twenty year old daughter prefers having her own door to get in the car .

Edited by crabman

The Volvo was on my list too, like the early BMW's the engine had a major flaw.

I drove a few and they were nice to driver if a bit dull.

I struggled to find one which wasn't covered in dents though... don't think Volvo drivers can park.

I did find one nice one but it smelt like a mixture of old peoples home and dog kennel :-)

Well i've been looking for a few weeks but since the celica went last night was in need of a car. I've just put a deposit down on a 2007 Vectra 1.9 CDTi the 150 bhp version. I know there are common faults such as water pump seizing etc but this one has full service history and in immaculate condition, was owned by Vauxhall for the first 3 years then a retired couple who took very good care of it as far as i can see.

To be honest it was the only one i've seen in the last few weeks that fitted what i was after, not as many cars for sale up here and didn't want to travel down south.

I'll be staying in the club and plan another celica in the future :)

There will be another time :) Does that mean you will be joining the Vectra members club too ?

The unreliability of Alfas kind of put me off them, seems to be pot luck if you get a good or bad one.

All the Volvos around me were out of my price range, to be honest there wasnt much choice in Diesel Estates around £4k in good condition which surprised me.

Yes i will probably be joining the Vectra C owners Club aswell as keeping up my membership here, probably wont make to many changes to the Vectra but who knows, i have the feeling that once the modding bug has bitten it stays with you for life lol

Edited by Aftershock

Coming from a ex vauxhall owner I've had 2 corsa and a Astra coupe, my mother has had 4 astra's and 1 vectra and my old man is into his 3rd vectra now. He has a 1.9 150 cdti Sri. He does a lot of driving for work, the only issue he has had in the last 3 years was the flywheel knocking which let's face it anybody with any know how will confirm its a problem with every Diesel engine these Days.

The same and EGR an DPF issues they can't be avoided for ever on these cars nowadays!

The Volvo v50 is a good car, looks dated now compared to others hence it being droped MY 12. The 2.0D is a pug/Citroen/ford engine. Which again suffers massively with DPF Issuse on the euro4/5 engine and EGR on all of the 4cylinder engines, the D5 is a different animal really, I've worked for Volvo for 10 years now and apart from the police cars we nearly see a fault with it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.