Best Comments

GT Bob

There is a thread about the most annoying things that people say about your car. It would be nice to hear about the good positive feel good comments that you get from people who are simply passing by. Maybe it's the young kid tugging at his Dad's leg and pointing at your car,or just a simple 'look back'as you drive by. Sometimes it's the small comments like 'nice car mate' which gives you that feel good factor :)

Because I fix my car on the street outside my flat (and wash it!) get a lot of people wandering over, chatting about the car, kids staring at it as their embarrassed parents drag them away mumbling they will want to be a mechanic when they grow up, old boys poking about in the engine bay, people commenting on how nice it looks, and usually surprised when they know how old it is :)

Few come up when they see me working on it saying they wandered who owned it!

Love it :D

Usually whilst at the petrol pump

"Thats lovely, i've not seen one of those before" followed by "you want to swap?" or "would you sell it? I want that"

always gives me a grin :)

and the gen5 gt4 the best was the old boy who hung around waiting for me to come back to the car cos he hadnt seen one for years and used to own one, made his day to stop for a celica natter

• Like 1

It's usually about how good it looks for its age. Am a bit pee'ed off that nobody says that about ME but the car makes up for it. I once had a young girl ask me if it was a Ferrari though. Obviously I told her the truth :rolleyes:

'Dogs bllox that is' - had that more than a few times and since it was sprayed blue have had loads of people shouting to me as I drive past 'nice car mate'

Funniest was a 91 year old woman who saw me getting in the car and said 'ooh I like your car, that's really nice'. (cue dublet :rolleyes: )

Comment from wife after first and last drive in my Celi... "its too low, too loud and wayyy to bumpy.. i never want to drive that thing again!" ....... Happy Days, :D

That's EXACTLY what I was told when my wife got in mine!! I'm SO glad she has zero interest in the car! ;)

'Dogs bllox that is' - had that more than a few times and since it was sprayed blue have had loads of people shouting to me as I drive past 'nice car mate'

Funniest was a 91 year old woman who saw me getting in the car and said 'ooh I like your car, that's really nice'. (cue dublet :rolleyes: )

....was probably his wife :D

Had a chinese student creep up on my the other day as I was refitting some parts.

He was just starring at the car and when I said hi he asked if I was an engineer , I couldn't be bothered to eplain I was a panel beater and just replied yes. He then gives off a massive grin followed by that is awesome .

Made my day did that. :)

• Like 1

A few weeks back i was stood out side the gt4 165 having a ciggy just admiring the car lol waiting for the wife to come out of the shops

this youngish guy pulls across the front of the gt4 in a new range rover sport .

He says woow what a great car ant seen 1 of them in that condition for a long time . Is it a proper 165 or a look a like.

I tell him it's a real one. So he jumps out of his sport and takes a good look around her asking questions all the time and asks to see the engine bay .Then he comments on how good the OZ.Rouletts look..He says that's a proper classic just awesome .would love one of these..

• Like 1

i work with children and a lot of them think its a cool car :D

i also had a health visitor say it was nice and that it was a lovely shaped car that would be a classic in the future :)

ive also had a veiled insult when some woman in a 206 wound down her window and shouted, its a nice car but you drive like a c**t :D

Edited by Mek

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.