Annoying things people say about ur car...

He bought a new Ford Focus back in 2006, just traded it in for peanuts and got himself a new Insignia and he has no knowledge on cars whatsoever, he makes me cry when I watch him clean *torture* his car but yea, "Dads always know best" haha

Yes we do actually.

It's genetic so are you SURE he's your Dad? ;)

I just think a lot of people have to have 'new' its more like a status symbol, "oh look, I have a 13 plate car" yeah ooh ooh look, you are a douche bag.

a few years ago me and the wife thought she was coming into some money (didn't happen :( ) straight away I was looking at s14's, R32 & 33's, cossies, 190's, supra's, hell even looked at getting an old mk 2 jag ( jaaaaaag :) ) but I didn't even look at anything new, coz all it would of been was some piddly, common, soulless shitbox, no way pedro

I just think a lot of people have to have 'new' its more like a status symbol, "oh look, I have a 13 plate car" yeah ooh ooh look, you are a douche bag.

a few years ago me and the wife thought she was coming into some money (didn't happen :( ) straight away I was looking at s14's, R32 & 33's, cossies, 190's, supra's, hell even looked at getting an old mk 2 jag ( jaaaaaag :) ) but I didn't even look at anything new, coz all it would of been was some piddly, common, soulless shitbox, no way pedro

Yup. Golf club car park mentality.

Status symbol = you buy something you don't want, with money you haven't got, to impress people you don't like.

The guy who lives next to my mum and dad gets a brand new car every time a new reg plate comes out! And he only seems to drive them the 20 min trip to the office and back!

Always a brand new Jag for him, and a brand new Mini for his wife. Both rarely seem to leave the driveway outside of office hours, and every weekend he's out washing/waxing them.

This year his wife got the new Polo though... so that was a little excitment.

They must have some form of contract with the main dealer, or it's a company car scheme... at least I hope so, otherwise he must lose a shitload in depreciation each year just to have the latest numberplate.

you buy something you don't want, with money you haven't got, to impress people you don't like.

that pretty much used to be my signature on here :)

Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know.

Pretty much sums up the car-scene :lol:

Edited by InsolentMinx

Had a few great comments from my new girlfriend 2 weeks ago, "Ooh that's so sexy, its gorgeous and I bet its fast" ( She owns a Polo)......Errm, no love, its only a Celica 140,(I didn't tell her THAT!)

No point in disappointing her with honesty.

I said she could drive it if she wanted but she looked alarmed and said she would probably crash it on the next bend, so no.

She's an American from Texas so not used to bends...say no more.

I feel really good sometimes....

Edited by foxxy

I wouldn't class that as an annoying thing someone's said about your car....

Definitely not annoying. Shes just plain mental, went in the sea last night with her clothes on, got soaked, took all her clothes off in the car and we drove home like that.

More comments she makes like that about my car and I'm going to marry her...........

Definitely not annoying. Shes just plain mental, went in the sea last night with her clothes on, got soaked, took all her clothes off in the car and we drove home like that.

More comments she makes like that about my car and I'm going to marry her...........

Twaddle! You just go for the "unwrapped" look bud ;)

:lol: there's a fine line between good mental, and crazy mental. Make sure she's defintiely the first one before you put a ring on it :lol:

A naked female passenger sounds like fun though :thumbs: especially in these low temps, there's always somewhere to hang your house keys :twisted:

The guy who lives next to my mum and dad gets a brand new car every time a new reg plate comes out! And he only seems to drive them the 20 min trip to the office and back!

Always a brand new Jag for him, and a brand new Mini for his wife. Both rarely seem to leave the driveway outside of office hours, and every weekend he's out washing/waxing them.

This year his wife got the new Polo though... so that was a little excitment.

They must have some form of contract with the main dealer, or it's a company car scheme... at least I hope so, otherwise he must lose a shitload in depreciation each year just to have the latest numberplate.

that pretty much used to be my signature on here :)

Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know.

Pretty much sums up the car-scene :lol:

Certainly all guilty on count 1. Count 2 Not guilty. Evidence. That's why I've done sod all recently. Count 3 Not guilty Defence. I'm a fluffy bunny. I love all you peeps :blush: even Dubs.

:lol: there's a fine line between good mental, and crazy mental. Make sure she's defintiely the first one before you put a ring on it :lol:

A naked female passenger sounds like fun though :thumbs: especially in these low temps, there's always somewhere to hang your house keys :twisted:

Shes the one alright after 3 years of crap and pain.

Amazing what you can get away with in Lyme Regis on the beach at night.

I'll leave it there.......

I avoid it I People confuse me with the other fossils :angry:

"what on earth is wrong with your idle?"

I Christen this car ERIC!!!!

"what on earth is wrong with your idle?"

Thats not a common comment I get to be honest. The one I always get which is my biggest bugbear is people commenting how I spent lots and lots of money to make standard power!!! :angry: Rarrr! :angry:

I hope you made her dry herself before letting her in the car..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.