Annoying things people say about ur car...

nationwide/hafurds garage that supposedly fixed my car by connecting the water pipe upto the air intake and wondering why it was smoking :angry:

(oh you think its smoking now wait till you try and drive it its like puff the magic dragon)

Overheard a couple of kids yesterday talking about my faff

First one said , nice car , what is it

The other one said , I think it's an mg !!!!!!!

I calmly called him a wanker out the window :)

Celica ZR........ MG ZR close enough oh wait that was a gen 5

:hysterical: . If you hadn't have provided me the link I wouldn't have believed it!

That being said, it worked in the S.African Market with the 'Black Mans Wealth.'

MG used to be a company all of its own in Abingdon, then became part of BMC then British Leyland (then Quality control went down hill fast)

As I remember they only "badged" a couple of cars they didn't design, a Farina bodied Austin/Morris and the 1100/1300. They also made the Sprite for Austin Healey.

MG ended in 1980, the factory closed, its where I worked there as a design engineer (not much there to design) and ended up redundant

MGs built since that date have nothing to do with the MG marque, its only been a badge since then.

Everything since was built and designed by, British Leyland, Austin Rover and the Rover Group and now the Chinese - never has a car manufacturing company had so many names.

Edited by foxxy

Halfrauds last night: "Is Celica spelt with an S?" "It's a Peugeot, right?"

:blink: :blink:

Ginger kid. 5' 6" pale, chubby, acne?

Every Halfords seems to have one. Where do they get them from? How do they extract their brains without killing them? Why???

Ginger kid. 5' 6" pale, chubby, acne?

Every Halfords seems to have one. Where do they get them from? How do they extract their brains without killing them? Why???

Hah. Not far off. He thought the Celica had a diesel engine. So eager to help, despite being clueless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.