165 - 185 or 205

I am looking to buy myself another GT4, a working one this time, I have been looking around and what is currently available 205 wise is either in bad condition, too modified, or overpriced. So I started looking at 185s, cheap as chips, but then again I always wanted a 165. Now I am stuck on which one to buy? I have two 205s, neither of them are working, ones a donar car, the other is a project car in early stages. The trouble is I miss driving the faff so I need another GT4 to apease the gods of adrenalin.

which to buy? anyone have a heads up on any for sale, I have checked out the current Pistonheads, gumtree and autotrader offerings, GT4OC, here of course, a couple take my fancy and come pay day if they are still available I might bight the bullet and put in a cheeky offer.

Do I go Standard 185 and keep it standard (there arnt many left) or make it standard if it isnt already.

Buy a potentially troublesome 165

Buy a 205 and keep/.make it standard (again there arnnt that many which are standard)

or buy a 185 and make it look like a CS?

205 and keep/make standard

185's are great but you already have projects on the go and these are of age now where they need bits done, mine is needing fuel lines and prob brake lines while at it

205 iirc is faster and its the driving the 205 your missing......

As much as I like Ians 165, and the work on it is great, I would spend too much time making it standard again, unpainting what has been painted in the engine bay etc

and if i had a 165 it would have to be white....call me fussy.

205 wise, anything but silver or yellow

Ahhh the old which one to buy conundrum

Personally a 205 , you have 2 already , so you have the parts to keep your daily running

185 , better looking , but nice ones are getting hard to find and rust is an issue

165 finding a decent one is near impossible to find , lots of hidden nasties , rust , bad repairs to rust , but ubber retro cool

Of course you have the wrong project car thou , fix the faff you already have for your daily , then buy a project 165 , and fit the spare faff bits to it

the mentioned cars all have a bit of age to em now, so all could have hidden gremlins, but if a cars been well kept and maintained then thats the key, my old bm e30 was an 89 model, but was mint, and lots of history too,there are some good ens out there, but have you got the patience to wait for the right one?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.