55 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you go for?

• Mazda Icy Blue
    • Corsa Lime Green
    • Range Rover Vesuvius Orange
    • Range Rover Sicilian Yellow
    • Seat Lima Green
    • Renault Liquid yellow

I was actually referring to gen 7 GT. The R34s are monster motors but really have a face only a visually impaired mother could love!

A chiseled brick with lights at each corner. Volvo on steroids.

:blink: R34's look immense.

I would say the Mazda blue or the middle yellow one out of the colours you've chosen.

the mirrors are off putting in them pictures as none of them suit being black.

But then I dont particularly like any of them colours either.

Personally.

I'd go white. With a storm blue roof and scoop.

There is a TRD kitted celica over on new celica which is similar to the mazda icy blue.

Here's the blue TRD kitted one from new celica

3649866466_ea5b9f8172_o_zps5c841a5a.jpg

I've seen that car many times and always liked it.

Was very surprised to learn that is actually a stock colour in the states - Zephyr Blue Metallic. Definitely a contender, but it's a real gamble to have a car sprayed just on the basis of seeing a pic. Ideally any colour I go for will be one I have actually seen.

or even better Alfa did the 156 in a pearl version of the colour

Ams, Is this the Alfa blue?

Very nice colour if it looks as good in reality as in the pic.

post-24770-0-89378000-1373673166_thumb.jpgpost-24770-0-03306900-1373673376_thumb.jpg

Midnight Purple:

You REALLY like that purple don't you :D

I'm thinking no candy's - too expensive, just got to make a choice of whether I want the car to stand out or go subtle.

Very surprised that the Renault liquid yellow isn't doing better in the poll. Amazing colour.

Edited by Owain

Where's the gold chrome option?

this one?

Got no chance of finding the colour code as it's just a photoshop that someone did. Shame really 'cos it looks fantastic.

Go on Owain, you are clearly proud of your heritage so lets see a combination of Daffy yellow, leek green, and a sheepskin interior?

Not quite sure where the dragon will go tho!

Cheers for rugby team, you may want to get a Lion in there too!

I'll leave the sheepskin to you mate ;) whatever floats ur boat hey.

10 Welsh players and we scored 31 of the 41 points - no need for a lion, the dragon still breathes fire! :D

post-24770-0-27826300-1373853470_thumb.jpg

Loads of posters have mentioned having a candy colour.

I checked with HOK and they want £42 for a US quart - just under a litre. Having no idea of the cost of paint, is this expensive? and are there other costs likely to be incurred because it's a candy?

The guy doing it for me inferred that I may have to pay more if I wanted Renault liquid gold because it's a 3 stage pearl, so is using candy more work than a 3 stage pearl? the same? or ?????????

Edited by Owain

Think for fully respray i have like 4 to 5 liters in my head for some reason. but if thats just for the candy base, you will also then need the apropriate base undercoat colour, and then the clear coat too.

id say 2 base coats, 4 candy 4 clear for full epic show winning standard. But you will need a sprayer to tell you how much you would need ideally. then price it from there.

Candy red or even the black that the Accord Type R came in :sofa:

I know its a Honda colour but looks a gorgeous purple when the sun hits it, or even the red metalflake that Mazda do on the 3?

Think for fully respray i have like 4 to 5 liters in my head for some reason. but if thats just for the candy base, you will also then need the apropriate base undercoat colour, and then the clear coat too.

id say 2 base coats, 4 candy 4 clear for full epic show winning standard. But you will need a sprayer to tell you how much you would need ideally. then price it from there.

Thanks, that answers my question. IT IS expensive.

I'm not wanting a show standard car though; just a really nice looking 13yr old motor.

looks better in real life

I've been looking around to see if I can find one that I can go look at, but so far haven't found anything.

the icy blue colour. It's a USDM option too, so you might be able to get the Toyota paint code.

Already found it - Zephyr Blue Metallic paint code 8n0 .

Trouble is, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's a hell of a gamble to paint the car based on an internet pic. Would really want to see the colour in reality before I choose.

Thanks for the link.

I see the icy blue as the safe option because it is not too dissimilar from silver and I have actually seen one locally. Just wondering if I should go for an ever so slightly more blue colour. It's bloody difficult choosing a colour, I don't see cars anymore; just colours.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.