speed limiter

Hi all can anyone help,for the first time I took my celica on a (private road ) cough cough, to see what top speed I could get out of her,Speedo went off the clock,roughly 120 mph and it all of a sudden just died,like it had a limiter fitted if this is the case how do I get it disconnected ? She's a jap import st202 on a m plate

Woooow hold the phone that's a ludacrous price :/ just type in Toyota Celica delimiter and there is a £15 option that's a breeze to install at a fraction of the cost...

easy this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190600534886?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

all imports are limited to 112mph as its the law in japan.

Sorry Cooper does look like a fancy bit of kit tho :)

Woooow hold the phone that's a ludacrous price :/ just type in Toyota Celica delimiter and there is a £15 option that's a breeze to install at a fraction of the cost...

Sorry Cooper does look like a fancy bit of kit tho :)

yeah but then you will find it messes with the tacho as well and has been pointed out before that the £15 jobbies are not that accurate and people have had issues with them.

if you want fancy bit of kit then you could go the same way i did with this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APEXi-RSM-REV-SPEED-METER-GP-Black-Speed-Limiter-Remover-/400292433907?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d3349cff3

but i thought i would put up the cheaper option first. :D

Interesting that you say "around 120mph" ... either a piece of optimism on your part, or shows just how much leeway is built into the speedo reading!

Anyway, delimit it and you should be good for just over 130 (probably indicate as around 140 on the speedo) on your private road.

yeah but then you will find it messes with the tacho as well and has been pointed out before that the £15 jobbies are not that accurate and people have had issues with them.

if you want fancy bit of kit then you could go the same way i did with this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APEXi-RSM-REV-SPEED-METER-GP-Black-Speed-Limiter-Remover-/400292433907?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d3349cff3

but i thought i would put up the cheaper option first. :D

Fiiiiiiiiiiine I stand/sit corrected...I must admit that randomly if I've got the engine running and press the door lock button on the window controls my Speedo zooms up and down briefly if I'm stationary so I pull the clocks and resit the wires for the delimiter/converter...makes no difference what so ever lol.

I've always thought the speedo was out its got 17 inch alloys on it which I imagine would put the speedo out anyway,it has 120mph on the clock and the needle had gone past that lol when the limiter cut in so defo out of calibration

120mph minus 10% happens to be 108. So for 112mph it's less than 10% deviation.

And to correct cooper, the law in Japan is to have a 112kmph speed limiter, converting the car to miles just so happens to convert that speed limiter too.

Really? The Japanese are restricted to 70mph?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.