What DONT you like about your Celica?

foxxy

The lack of midrange! It's like riding my ZXR250C Ninja again where you chase the revs. I guess that's what you get when you collaborate with Yamaha!

well i took my car for a test drive before i bought it and its power delivery was exactly what i was after, wanted a high revving engine with everything at the top end. if i wanted torque i would have gone for a v6 or turbo car or diesel.

anyone who complains about the car lacking in mid range makes me wonder if they just ordered the car from online and never even took it for a test drive.

the 190bhp figure is blag, should have been the real power output.

shit sunroof and car has leaks

leathers in the back of the car look fake and not like the front seats

doesnt rev high enough could have done with an extra 800rpm

stupid son of a bitch 6th gear which is like a 5 and a quarter gear.

standard rims needed better quality pain / laquer job.

Doesn't rev high enough?! It revs to 8,250 already and you want another 800rpm?!! And it's only the standard 16" rims that had a bad lacquer job, yours should have been fine.

Leather seems fine, nice and taught. And the 190bhp figure is hit and miss. There's a guy on here who's only mods are something like an SRI and good oil and he had 192bhp on a rolling road.

And yes some people (most likely Dublet) are going to reply with "Ohhh yes but rolling roads can't always be trusted and it depends on if it was from the flywheel or from the wheels and blah blah blah". Honestly?

You really sound like you don't enjoy your car.

And yes some people (most likely Dublet) are going to reply with "Ohhh yes but rolling roads can't always be trusted and it depends on if it was from the flywheel or from the wheels and blah blah blah". Honestly?

:huh:

Indeed, dynos are a guess as they measure wheel HP, and there are many factors that drain power from the flywheel.

But I'm sure you know, dear boy. :rolleyes:

It's got about 100 different trim rattles. Makes me want to remove all the trim or expandafoam everything :D

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing yesterday...

Tried some foam pads and silicone for now, expanding foam for the boot trim if it still annoys me.

Originally it was fun chasing the revs, and I'm quite familiar with peaky IL4 power delivery from having ridden 4 cylinder sportsbikes for the best part of 10 years. I do feel that it suits its cornering characteristics nicely! Been in EP3 Civic Type Rs and DC2 integras to make me want that 600cc-style scream, and on the test drive, I was pleasantly satisfied with the 190 lump.

To be fair, it's probably me getting too used to vehicles where there's a noticeable powerband. Not a fault of the car per-se. The problem with me is the fact that I've got a 140bhp superbike, so lack of engine performance is relative in that sense!

But on that note, I wish the gear ratios were spaced better, meaning that it wouldn't drop me out of the powerband when changing up!

But on that note, I wish the gear ratios were spaced better, meaning that it wouldn't drop me out of the powerband when changing up!

I only find it drops out of 'lift' between first and second, just a solid howl though the rest of them!

What don't I like, G7 - Feels cheap inside, but at the same time the car feels taught, light and responsive if you catch my drift.

G6 - It's broken.

Got a gen 7 GT,

The doors being so long can be bit of a pain in the arse at times when you are in the underwidth parking bays you often find everwhere.

The 6 speed box , 6th could do with being at tad taller in ratio, and it is a bit on notchy side.

Shame it didn't come a sequential 6 speed box where you could just tug back on the lever.

Guess the Quaife 6 speed http://quaife.co.uk/shop/products/qke9e for the Exige would fit but price inc VAT is about as much as mine is worth

Edited by guynecologist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.