Taking apart headlights

As far as I was aware, the oven was the only way really. With a heat gun you heat a bit and by the time you get to all the glue, bits have cooled and gone off again already.

It's so hard! Thanks for the link, painting the insides white same colour as the respray I'm having done so it will blend in perfectly :)

I split monkey Matt's headlights for him....I can do the same for you if needs be?

I squeezed as much of my headlight In oven as i could and watrmed the glue that way. I Also gave them a few prolonged blasts with a hairdryer the then pulled at them like crazy, rembering to undo the tabs before hand to allow a bit more more movement.

I find ribbed has a pleasing effect

Headlight.jpg

Yeah heatgun here too, well hairdryer I think actually - yes, make the gen 7 hairdresser jokes!

Definitely paint the top and not the underside, will give a stronger and more solid colour. White is gonna look awesome!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.