Whats your best ever fuel economy?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 40 MPG over a tank in the Celica, but my 120 BHP mini cooper (petrol) got 51 MPG on a 100 mile or so (non-motorway) trip once! It got about 47 MPG consistently though.

Sent from my HTC One

Worst I've had is wankering 25 quid of V Power in a 100 mile trip. That was getting her home. :P The best MPG I've ever had was the A3 2.0 TDI. I did the full length of the M1 at 90mph getting 86-120mpg. Not even joking, full length of the M1 on 20 quid. :)

some good mpg's on here! makes me tempted to get a cheap 202 or 140 if i'm honest! :o

gen5 gt used to get 32-38

gen2 st used to manage 30-35

current cars the supra gets about 26 and the yaris averages 50

best trip in the yaris yet was 67.8! and no heavy oil diseasal in sight ;)

Guest Ambermile

I get mostly 40+ in the 140 - but then I'm in the look fast rather than be fast camp. Not that I don't take advantage of the A470 now and again though :D

Once I got the cruise control sorted the trip from here in Wales to Norfolk should make the numbers even better.

i did 297 miles this morning on one tank (and petrol light came on leaving one bar) since on the evening before japfest when i completely filled up tank so what would my mileage be (so far just driving motorway to and from japfest /urban with a bit of lift when needed.

basically its my best so far

Edited by celica1977

yeah they are small tanks , my old vx had a 63l and i was lucky to get 33mpg driving on motorways and wouldnt go up any more but hey nearly 300 miles a tank is good for me plus i do two tanks of £50 over a mth totaling £100.

Gen 7 tank is 55 lts and there is no way of knowing what the mpg is until you brim it again and then do the mathematics.

The whole tank is but about 45l from full until the light comes on. There is a reason I said it was approximately 30mpg. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.