Shell vpower nitro +

Nitro+ Racing is 102RON, the V-Power Nitro+ is 99 RON and just has 25% more friction modifiers and cleaning agents in it. My mates A5 was run bone dry and filled with a jerry can and topped up at the petrol station - MPG went up 7mpg round town and at 70 on the motorway, pulled 38mpg instead of a usual 32mpg. Responsiveness - according to him, was a hell of a lot more different too, though he noticed, when giving it some pasty, he got slightly less than he normally would.

It seems like a balancing game. Use the fuel and drive it steady, you'll save more fuel than with regular V-Power. Banking saved MPG during a run means if you are partial to giving it some pasty every now then, it'll just balance it out - but the fuel IS reported to be a much better fuel to use to keep critical engine parts cleaner and free up friction issues.

V-Power Nitro+ will be replacing all V-Power pumps in all major garages first (Those closest to motorways and A roads I assume?) and will cost the same (supposedly) for the foreseeable. They've already replaced the fuel up at the M18 Shell I believe, so I'm going to fit the Rad today and since I did 24 miles on the red light, it'll be high time to fill up, will let you guys know what I find, or something! :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's EXACTLY the same as V-Power in terms of RON, but apparently the 'MON' is up by 0.5, whatever that means. So anything people claim to feel is placebo since they're literally the same thing with a few things added for CLEANING, not performance.

Good marketing tactic, well done Shell.

a few things added for CLEANING, not performance

Cleaning will aid performance though, otherwise why bother cleaning it in the first place

Dynodaze seem to do a lot of testing with fuels so will be interesting to see what their verdict is, if their is any difference that is

It was only 140.9p!! @ Shell Newcastle so I put £50 in, so the car feels pretty slugish at the minute to feel any difference :( Never again will I go from driving on vapors to nearly a full tank ('Teg tank is pretty small - £50 done me).

my personal opinion is its all the bloody same stuff u get no less or more power u may weed a few more miles out of it but that s it ...............................unless ur boosted dont waste your money

We've had a shed load of tests with 'ultra' fuels,the old Ford boys have done it loads of times as well and they only people that seem to get any advantage performance wise are Forced Induction cars,the Cossie YB powered cars saw an improvement,and as previously said especially the GT4s,JDM models in particular that have been run from new for x years on 102 RON over in Japan.Generally speaking you wont get anything from the 99 RON stuff in your n/a Celicas,other than the fact its a good fuel and the additives that are present in the stuff wont do your engine any harm at all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.