Tyre stretch

So after never paying much attention to tyre stretch or even thinking about it. After joe mentioned it to me about the 9 inch wide alloys that will be a nice stretch on it. Lets see your pics if anyone else has tyre stretch

51A75187-D54B-4D05-8F0A-0D3A12323687-3915-000003EF55EEABC6.jpg

Mine are 17 inch 9j wide offset et38 and tyres are 215/45/17

Edited by tom-coupe

I had 205's on 8's and 215's on 9.5's on my Astra coupe. I never had a problem.

Also a friend had 215's on 9's all round on his e36 m3. Took it to the ring for the weekend abused it and drove home on them. That made it safe enough for me lol

Totally gob smacked!!!!

I'm now on the hunt for some 10 or 11J rims with 205 width tyres, and some 150mm spacers.

It's going to look EPIC!!!!

PS Presumably I'm going to need fibre glass wheel arch extensions from Barnsley which will fit straight on?..

..or do I just need one of these?..http://en.wikipedia....jacket-rear.jpg

Edited by Kev 16v

Call me old fashioned, but to me you can call it stretched or any other name but it just looks like the wrong sized tyre on a bigger wheel. ...cool or not I wouldn't feel confident hard cornering with that. Just my opinion!(especially with a Nankang Ditchfinder stretched over it lol)

Edited by thesherv

I like the look of stretch tyres, but only on show cars or trailor queens. Cant see how they would be good on a daily driver or weekend toy. Surely you buy the wide wheels to fit wide tyres for extra grip :unsure:

I ran that set up for a hot evening session on snetterton 300 and a whole day at Blyton last year and it gave me good predictable handling. I personally don't think there are any safety issues regarding slightly slimmer tyres BUT I would prefer a bit of lip protection so I may go for 215/40's next time round ill see. Nanyangs are hardly to worst budgets you'll see out there 2.

Mine are 225/40/18 tyres and 18/8.75J ET35. No spacers.

For weaker tyre walls I think it reduces flex so response is slightly quicker plus caster/camber and alignment setup.

40063398-11F8-4E9E-8262-31673974974D-1612-000004015AE3A7BC.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.