JDM Flares

Now I know that posting JDM flares is illegal.

But lets just say hypothetical Iike I happened to come accross on that was just lying around. Does anybody know what the laws are on owning one/ having it clipped into the flare holder. Is it an MOT failure????

Just asking like.............. for a mate you understand. ;)

With police currently enforcing silly laws very rigidly you could in theory be done for owning a pyrotechnic if they for some reason did a search of your veichle.

Both our cars had them but binned them as imo zero requirement for them and only takes one drunk passenger to cause mayhem.

I have one too and had no probs with MOT and have known of people getting them posted to them too. ;)

With police currently enforcing silly laws very rigidly you could in theory be done for owning a pyrotechnic if they for some reason did a search of your veichle.

Both our cars had them but binned them as imo zero requirement for them and only takes one drunk passenger to cause mayhem.

I had my car searched last year and the copper asked me what it was, I told him its a flare that comes with Jap imports and he just put it back there without question...

I have one too and had no probs with MOT and have known of people getting them posted to them too. ;)

I had my car searched last year and the copper asked me what it was, I told him its a flare that comes with Jap imports and he just put it back there without question...

I wonder if he would have done the same if the car wasnt an import?????

Mind you, all Celicas are made in Japan :think:

Whilst it cant be a MOT failure (would be impossible, Flares are not on the checklist) I do take mine out for any garage work. I also take it out during hot days, just for piece of mind though, but am not worried about having it in there.

I have managed to get one for each car and never even thought about there being a problem with them being there...

Both were posted too!

As Carla said, Lex is your man for all things flare related!

Ben

Guest MR JDM

I want to get 2 of the things but I need the holder too, I'll have one to fit in the other and the other to see how they work :D

Who says playing with fire isn't fun :P

Mind you I'm putting a fire extinguisher in the car too soon :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.