New MOT Regs as of 20th March

mbailey

Well its was only a matter of time before these new regs become mandatory. They have been part of the inspection for the past 12 months or so but not failable untill now.

A brief summery

20130313_093419_zps884ec471.jpg

Yes its sll that HID stuff thats bern doing the rounds fir ages. Its now official

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting that the HID thing could be open to interpretation.

the headlight cleaning and levelling point only says "when fitted" ....

so does that mean that if you have HIDs but no headlight levelling/cleaning, you're fine?

is it only a fail if you have HIDs AND headlight levelling/cleaning fitted, but the levelling/cleaning devices don't work?

:sofa:

Edited by InsolentMinx

That bit about about ESC is interesting as a lot of Apexi boys will have this light on their dash...... :think:

looks like new dials for me then with something in the place of ths esc and trc

maybe a larger opening with Rotrex in it to light up

Now wheres mook

interesting that the HID thing could be open to interpretation.

the headlight cleaning and levelling point only says "when fitted" ....

so does that mean that if you have HIDs but no headlight levelling/cleaning, you're fine?

is it only a fail if you have HIDs AND headlight levelling/cleaning fitted, but the levelling/cleaning devices don't work?

:sofa:

as far as i have read it this is true. only have to work if you have them fitted. :D

I dont know why steering lock was brought in - its not really a safety item - only thing I can think of is - to make sure that its not hiding another issue but then the notes about it say that "It is acceptable for a steering lock to be removed if it has been replaced with another immobilisation device"

it'll look less suspicious if there's no cut out for the TRC.

if there's a cut out for it but it doesn't light up on ignition, examiner might be suspicious

Depends how they are going to test it, with ABS its simple, if it has an abs pump, then the warning light should come on with ignition and go off again. For VSC/ TRC not easy to tell if its fitted or not - think this is is one of the reasons it was introduced and then pulled back out last time around

Well that's one advantage of the pre facelift 190. No Vsc or trc lights so running an Apexi is fine :D

Might be worth getting hold of a pre facelift dial face and putting that in as it won't have any cut outs for those two pesky lights

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.