Trolley jacks for lowered Celicas

Sherv

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence the bit if breeze blocks won't fit bit

I did see that :) I would be careful doing it with a breeze block,seen it done years ago and the block got ejected from the wheel and smashed the sill...

Yeah ive done the slab type thing before,i just need a jack to stop all the fannying about,especially in the event of a flat or something when youre on the move...,if the tyre goes down pretty quick then youre looking at a lot of grief on the hard shoulder...i do have the original jack to start things off with mind.

Serratias jack looks a bit flash if you can find the right one

Was also told to look at these,theyre actually one of the sponsored links on Google

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/hydraulic-jacks/trolley-jacks/tjl2-2-tonne-low-profile-trolley-jack#customer-reviews

Some of those ideas don't sound that safe!

With a trolley jack I would rather get a decent brand with a slightly lower weight rating than a cheaper brand that could fail.

Would this be any good being lower than normal?

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=186827&Referrer=googleproductlisting&gclid=CNPt7reP1rQCFe7MtAodohwATg

I use a 17 year old 1 ton jack i bought when i got my first car. it was £9.99 from regor (old cash and carry for car parts type place) and still works a treat, just have to top up the cylinder with brake fluid every couple of years cos it seeps.

for lowered cars i drive up onto 2" thick hardwood offcuts, then jack it.

most of the methods are safe if you axle stand or solidly support the car. Remember a jack is for getting it high up to support with something else, not to support the vehicle whilst you work on it.

as for the rating my 1 ton has never given me any bother, half a supra is about 800kgs- i;ve never tried to lift it all at the same time :lol:

serratia i like the look of the one you have- that LED idea is superb, never seen that before.

I waited til the drive got re done and then while it was hot, jacked the car up front, sides and rear.

Result, 4 perfect slots for the jack to locate in on the drive, and more clearance on the Jack / car interface.

**Warning** I achieved this by luck and In no way is the wife at all upset / cross / pissed off about the holes in the nice drive we have, no sir, not at all!!

I use a low slung twist and up Clarke one, great, but very heavy and big for side of the road stuff.

Edited by alwayzsidewayz

celicamojo has a very clever jack which is about 2 inchs in height (not joking) and he lifts his car with that (and some people have seen how low that was)

I have a 2 tone normal trolley jack and i need to start with the diamond jack first

for breaking though this isn't a problem as i jack up from the subframes and axle stand un the chassis

me and john used his jack to jack my beams up in the air and even though its only like 2 inchs when its down it got the car nearly 1.5 ft in the air, more than enough for axlestands or in the case that day a spare wheel and a space saver piled up :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liftmaster-Low-Profile-Aluminium-LED-Racing-Trolley-Jack-1-5-Ton-GS-CE-/251067683698?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3a74ccd372

I have that one, cracking bit of kit and lightweight so perfect for track use. Works well too, lifts the rear of the car with ease (Could have gone plenty higher too:

20121021_103746.jpg

I waited til the drive got re done and then while it was hot, jacked the car up front, sides and rear.

Result, 4 perfect slots for the jack to locate in on the drive, and more clearance on the Jack / car interface.

**Warning** I achieved this by luck and In no way is the wife at all upset / cross / pissed off about the holes in the nice drive we have, no sir, not at all!!

I use a low slung twist and up Clarke one, great, but very heavy and big for side of the road stuff.

Ha Rich that is awesome :lol: some good debate here, like I said though you do have to think about what you do with a rapidly deflated tyre on the side of the road when youre not going to have bits of wood everywhere.

You mean to say you guys are all driving around with trolley jacks in your boot!!! :blink:

If it can’t be done with the basic Toyota jack and tool kit then that’s what the RAC card is for :lol:

I dont have a jack, I have runflats :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.