Trolley jacks for lowered Celicas

Sherv

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than starting a new topic, I thought I would drag this up from the dead!

I need a jack that can get under the front of my gen7 with prefacelift upgraded lip (forget what its called!) and jack the bugger up!

The best one I can see so far from this thread is the one Hou has (page2) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liftmaster-Low-Profile-Aluminium-LED-Racing-Trolley-Jack-1-5-Ton-GS-CE-/251067683698?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3a74ccd372

It seems to be a quick lift low profile with a light and good quality.

It's my birthday coming up and I need to ask my Mrs share the wealth!

Will the one above do the job?

Well mine is still going strong dude :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome, looks like I will be getting this one, the only other alternative is the Arcan one, but on ebay its £130 and I don't have a costco card (if they still do them at £80)

i have a old trolley jack but it tends to pull sideways only slightly when trying to to the car down , ive not used it on the celica yet but ive had it years 10+ easily but i think i will invest in a new one but i do have two lots of axle stands as well because you cant depend on a jack :(

this looks a good one for a lowered car :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liftmaster-Low-Profile-2-Ton-Hydrualic-Trolley-Car-Jack-/251198165947?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3a7c93d3bb

Didn't read all the posts I admit, but this lives in the back of my car and is fecking excellent jack!

only criticism is that it only lifts to 300 odd mm which is lower than most axle stands, but for on road , is the only thing that works (remember that when you have a puncture, your clearance is reduced) sounds silly but on a lowered car is a real consideration!!!! was £75 off Ebay iirc and is tough as nails ( has jacked a Transit)

racingjack.jpg

Holy thread revival Batman!

due to spending momey on other things i still havent got one of these,on the drive im using my small concrete slab mod to get under the car,but obviously on the roadside itll still be awkward,especially as the car wil be even lower with a flat!

That Liftmaster one,im sure i saw a review where they said it was okayish for the money,but be aware it doesnt come filled with hydraulic fluid...sure it was that one

That Liftmaster one,im sure i saw a review where they said it was okayish for the money,but be aware it doesnt come filled with hydraulic fluid...sure it was that one

checked mine, it was full...

Due to bodykit, I can only jack from ful-lon front or full on rear and even with a flat tyre and parked in a muddy ditch on a single track back road from hell.... it went under and did the job. That is all.

Get some 15-20mm plywood and step it up in layers to a height of approximately 80mm, wide enough to drive up. A standard size trolley jack will then simply slide under :)

Of course this is for when working at home,I don't mean you should drive around with them in your boot incase of a puncture ;)

Edited by GT Bob

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.