cost to replace front wheel bearing on 1987 gen4

Sherv

When i get my car back from the bodyshop i need to get the front bearing done.if i supply the kit,how much do we think would be reasonable to charge for the labour, itll have to be pressed out.couple hours of work there i guess?just so i have an idea before i commit myself.

Cheers Sherv

I was running on the assumption a garage would ve at least .60quid an hour Bri ,and worst case up to 3hrs if they have a mare (its a gen4)

your garages down south are theifs. I get all my labour carried out for £35 and hour and my garages standard rate is £45 per hour

I could be wong,i dont use them very often luckily.Going to enquire at a couple of local garages that a mate has said are decent.i might even get a quote from mr T for a laugh.

I spoke to Adex about this but ideally in case of any issues i was hoping to keep local so a mate recommended the Britannia garage up the road from me ,hour and a half labour with me supplying the kit is around 80 quid.its in walking distance handily too.so taking it in next tuesday

I spoke to Adex about this but ideally in case of any issues i was hoping to keep local so a mate recommended the Britannia garage up the road from me ,hour and a half labour with me supplying the kit is around 80 quid.its in walking distance handily too.so taking it in next tuesday

good luck :thumbs:

good luck :thumbs:

Lets hope i dont need it lol.

Wouldve been nice to pay a member to do it but i noticed on the half hour drive to the bodyshop last week it was sounding rough hence im getting it looked at asap.Really didnt want to drive too far,handily its a few minutes up the road .A mate has used them and says theyre decent so ill give it a go

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.