Celica Club UK Messages

Website Downtime Notice

Click here for more information

Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

  • 2
scott64

what have you done to your celica today...

Question

thought i would start a new thread on what members have done to their celica`s on any given day :D ....so i spent a couple of hours just washing and polishing my gen7 today :) detailed all in the boot and door gaps cleaned the inside and polished the dash, door cards and cleaned all the leather :rolleyes: sorry about the pics but they were taken on my mobile and its started to get dark now but you get the general idea ;)

20121118150433.jpg

/20121118150302.jpg

20121118150312.jpg

20121118150246.jpg

20121118150416.jpg

thats the start of this thread......so what have you done to your celica today

Edited by scott64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4,870 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

P1020936_zpsvtj17poy.jpg

 

 Thanks to AMS for supplying a few suspension bits, now have all the parts for front and rear  :thumbsup:

 

Spent a very noisy hour with angle grinder wire brush some surface rust away plus a good pre-paint clean-up,

and then a far more quiet hour applying two coats of primer paint.

Will apply a top coat sometime over the weekend....

 

Right now i'm enjoying a more relaxful hour with a glass of that Cantele :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

P1020936_zpsvtj17poy.jpg

 

 Thanks to AMS for supplying a few suspension bits, now have all the parts for front and rear  :thumbsup:

 

Spent a very noisy hour with angle grinder wire brush some surface rust away plus a good pre-paint clean-up,

and then a far more quiet hour applying two coats of primer paint.

Will apply a top coat sometime over the weekend....

 

Right now i'm enjoying a more relaxful hour with a glass of that Cantele :P

 

for a laugh, I would paint those bits some awful lurid colour (like neon pink)  just because the only person who will ever see it is MOT / Mechanic guy :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Fitted a couple of new rear lights to the 185 as both mine were cracked, though now i have a strange issue and when put the lights on there are two lights lighting up on one side, just off out to investigate

oh and new number plates, again old ones cracked

mot soon i hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, G.Lewarne said:

 

for a laugh, I would paint those bits some awful lurid colour (like neon pink)  just because the only person who will ever see it is MOT / Mechanic guy :P

 

Pink may carry a risk of falling foul of MOT tester advisories - 'suspension parts in shockingly bad taste colour choice'

 

I wouldn't want to risk any bureaucratic stray inking of my blotter.

 

However, GOLD on the other hand is rather classy, and would coordinate with my brake callipers  :think:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

 

Pink may carry a risk of falling foul of MOT tester advisories - 'suspension parts in shockingly bad taste colour choice'

 

I wouldn't want to risk any bureaucratic stray inking of my blotter.

 

However, GOLD on the other hand is rather classy, and would coordinate with my brake callipers  :think:

 

you will never, ever see the front spring plates though.  Maybe the topmount visible part in the engine bay may be worth some awful colour though :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, G.Lewarne said:

 

you will never, ever see the front spring plates though.  Maybe the topmount visible part in the engine bay may be worth some awful colour though :P

 

 

My primarily concern is about protection from the dreaded tin worm, and then the general upkeep and maintaining a good appearance of 'things underside'.

It don't look good to see rust, even slight surface rust, on parts underneath a vehicle. 

 

Looking at the photo below taken 3 years ago; this was my front suspension at 11 years old and 52,000 miles, the OEM springs are rusty and tired, obviously seen better days, the OEM strut dampers still have some life in them but look scruffy & corroded, especially the lower spring holders.

The underside of those spring holders is where it would be very easy to add some anti-rust primer & top coat paint to the brand new ones before fitting; in the interest of applying a more hard wearing protective surface, and would assumably be easier to periodically clean up, perhaps include the lower strut leg too, these things are in a messy place, and direct line of fire. [Think British winters].

[Could also take the opportunity to paint this area the most distasteful colour of ones fancy to cringe the eyeballs of the most hardened MOT guy!]  B) 

 

P1000829_zps4ans8m4x.jpg

 

I also wonder about the addition of a detachable fabric strut sock to encompass the spring, a larger version of what is already available for coilovers (?)

If the springs are clean and lightly oiled behind a protective curtain of fabric it should in theory cause them to last a lot longer than a decade...

 

 

 

Edited by Crazy Cat Lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i personally wouldn't go with the sock...can hide damage from quick look over.  Its not really rusty springs you have to worry about (unless they are REALLY crusty of course) its the ends snapping which can happen to even brand new ones.  one bad pothole and PING

 

As for extra paint, I did give all of my underbits a second coat of paint before fitting all my new stuff - after 10 months it hasn't really helped because it all gets blasted from wheel cast off anyway.  Already got the old surface crust starting :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
31 minutes ago, G.Lewarne said:

i personally wouldn't go with the sock...can hide damage from quick look over.  Its not really rusty springs you have to worry about (unless they are REALLY crusty of course) its the ends snapping which can happen to even brand new ones.  one bad pothole and PING

 

As for extra paint, I did give all of my underbits a second coat of paint before fitting all my new stuff - after 10 months it hasn't really helped because it all gets blasted from wheel cast off anyway.  Already got the old surface crust starting :(

 

 

Yeah... i suppose damper & springs are 'consumables' but in the longer term sense, hopefully at least a decade, and even if kept rust and tatty corrosion free they will still wear out anyway. Probably best to periodically go over the exposed metal areas with an oily rag and allow a grimy gunky look to offer some protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Had the O/S wheel off earlier, along with removing (and destroying) some arch liner clips, bumper bolt screws, all three headlight bolts, O/S engine cover, and finally..the indicator bulb.

 

75 minutes to change an amber bulb to a chrome one, all because of the bonnet stay mounting.

 

I did not refit the hidden headlight bolt. THAT is staying off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/14/2018 at 19:27, Kev 16v said:

Had the O/S wheel off earlier, along with removing (and destroying) some arch liner clips, bumper bolt screws, all three headlight bolts, O/S engine cover, and finally..the indicator bulb.

 

75 minutes to change an amber bulb to a chrome one, all because of the bonnet stay mounting.

 

I did not refit the hidden headlight bolt. THAT is staying off.

 

i did that when i meshed my front bumper , also makes it easier to undo the two to put all new bulbs in easily ...

 

 

yesterday we tried to wrap my bonnet as its been a bit of a state so i wanted to carbon wrap it so i spent £50 for 3meters of the KPMF black carbon with air release feature , now this was a 

challenge to do but i actually love it and tina did a great job of doing this with me , it took bloody hours but it paid off :

 

the wrap was actually recommended by a guy who is a wrapper by trade and has done jobs on several members cars on here :

 

30707532_10216354905005178_7149406937493274624_n.thumb.jpg.19335363449265f5a12da4a1dac8b901.jpg

30709006_10216358765341684_6527098216758902784_n.jpg.047137e6fa0ab1137ac899052e484ee2.jpg

30704492_10216358834743419_6924238277658542080_n.jpg.6208b6647fc7463385c821271acee524.jpg

30709813_10216361735135927_5823912367032893440_n.jpg.f7eb13ced9fb81a273d0d6da3deaed22.jpg

 

Edited by Akuma77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

decided that it was time to refurb my trd adjustable shocks, the original green was looking worse for wear and as they are going on my black gt4 with red accents  this seemed like the best option.

IMAG0277.thumb.jpg.1eb5491d436f2c09ce56a0bb68c62be1.jpg

springs and top plates done in 2k black. :thumbsup:

Edited by al/c
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Got myself another Gen 7 after 2 years in the wilderness..... Pics to follow as soon as remember how to post images Here.

IMG_1669.JPG

Edited by Slugster
Found a piccy.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Cleaned it ready for "Speed and Rally" show tomorrow. Put the new mats in as well. Exciting stuff.... :sorry:

 

 

cleaned1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

detailed ready for japfest at silverstone tomorrow ...

 

 

31933950_10216517882679518_7358714046880677888_n.jpg

31942556_10216517871919249_4891927587904815104_n.jpg

31914088_10216517877799396_798371829767995392_n.jpg

Edited by Akuma77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

cleaned and repainted:

  • rear trailing arms
  • rear ARB
  • camber arms
  • rear crash bar
  • sill seams
  • front subframe
  • front wishbones
  • front underbrace
  • radiator support bar
  • Front caliper brackets
  • all brake disc shields

 

I used the same paint as I put on my new rear subframe as its held up perfectly and is even still shiny.  Hopefully this will keep the crust at bay for another couple years.

 

Also replaced the front droplinks again! - one was knocking badly and was only a year old.

 

Its nice to have lovely shiny underbits again after the snow and salt wasn't kind this winter.

Edited by G.Lewarne
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, arizona said:

Drove it and drove it DSC_0070.thumb.JPG.b4c7e1da3e9f9b8b1822a654c03ec746.JPG

I know exactly what you mean!

 

I find the Celica love tends to wane a little over the winter, but it came flooding back this weekend with the Welsh trip.  And they definitely like driving.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, arizona said:

Drove it and drove it DSC_0070.thumb.JPG.b4c7e1da3e9f9b8b1822a654c03ec746.JPG

 

That's one hell of a camber....... :blink:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Well my baby is with my buddy at his detailing shop getting the works.

 

Full 7 stage correction and full ceramic protection, fully rust protected and undersealed nose to tail and wheel arch areas, front and rear bumpers away to get painted, wheels away to get fully re-painted. Hubs, backing plate, Calibers all cleaned, treated, primed and ready for painting. 

 

 

2018-03-2(1).jpg

20180505_105802.jpg

20180505_105832.jpg

20180505_105902.jpg

20180505_105914.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites