Celica Club UK Messages

Website Downtime Notice

Click here for more information

Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

scott64

what have you done to your celica today...

Question

thought i would start a new thread on what members have done to their celica`s on any given day :D ....so i spent a couple of hours just washing and polishing my gen7 today :) detailed all in the boot and door gaps cleaned the inside and polished the dash, door cards and cleaned all the leather :rolleyes: sorry about the pics but they were taken on my mobile and its started to get dark now but you get the general idea ;)

20121118150433.jpg

/20121118150302.jpg

20121118150312.jpg

20121118150246.jpg

20121118150416.jpg

thats the start of this thread......so what have you done to your celica today

Edited by scott64

4,870 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, BigSeed said:

18's?

no that was 17s , im guessing thats why your were a bit more 

4 minutes ago, BigSeed said:

Yeah that's what I thought too...decent price emoji106.png

yep id had a set on the front for three years and wanted to stick to the same type 

14273405_10210609805741287_2108506169_o.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 25th Anniversary said:

are yours 225/40/18's? as they are £66 delivered each on ebay

215/40/18 mate...you got fitting on top of that though haven't you...not sure how much it would be for two, balanced and fitted. Sounds like a decent price though :thumbsup:

Be careful of the date, you find certain places on eBay have good prices because they got them cheap (old stock that has been sat for quite some time).

Be careful of the date, you find certain places on eBay have good prices because they got them cheap (old stock that has been sat for quite some time).

That's what I found out about my Conti Sports Contact 2 part worns...think they'd been sat on a shelf for 10 yrs haha...tyre technology moves just as quick as anything else too. I paid £60 each fitted, and have had three on the front in the last 6-8months

Swapped left side then both again once the right had caught up. Thought I'd buy new and get alignment set up properly
  • Like 1

Spent another evening rubbing down slider pins when a caliper seized yet again, second caliper, second new spin with this caliper and third time rubbed down this year, am I missing something? Should I be cleaning then so frequently, i am using copper grease each time also.

I did a bit of masking and painting to replace the carbon wrap, this way I will be able to see the heater settings in the dark.

th_DSC_0769_zpsrdgjvzep.jpg

• Like 1

Fitted new tie bar

c1d725f2c2d425b84152ab08a4ce26e9.jpg

0f9d7147374e50b67cccae5830aea038.jpg

Added some Rhino Skin paint protection film to the rear spats

e936f878474849eb122f2b4685acf3d4.jpg

Just got them on before it started raining.

9c6bfbb5f8228a130d24125bfb8b7b85.jpg

• Like 2

Added the optional ambient lighting pack.

Nicked Toms idea, and added my own...

Borrowed my mates gated side of his house so had cover and privacy.

d60db072581a2b7670c02dd45ccaf602.jpg

Learnt the hard way that it's either 3 or 6 LED's, I wanted 6 as its against black paint, but it was too long, chopped the end one off and broke the circuit to the two before it

So there's only 3 under there now like Toms, I cut the two dead ones off and moved it to the middle.
(Phone battery died during install so didn't get many)

Black strip, white LED's, was gonna go red but didn't feel they lit as well, can always swap out if I change my mind.
b801611f88ba84c86c0a9d57d32501e0.jpg

Ran the wire down the skin behind the crash bar and gorilla taped lower part, so no chance of window entanglement.
2572e987162b1c10ec01ee778b0793fc.jpg

Drivers door remote unlock:
https://vimeo.com/185173426

Drivers door handle open:
https://vimeo.com/185173566

Evolution - Also added another 3 strip to the inside of the door pockets, this time red...of course, it gives a nice faded glow
ae8929326a0c46021c079fc08b42bf46.jpg

Opening door:
https://vimeo.com/185173778

And a quick one leaving my mates earlier. I'd unlocked it a bit early, you can see the handle light go out as it walk around, doesn't look as bright when up close on this vid.

https://vimeo.com/185174141

Cheap, easy mod. I like. All wired to the corner door light...I don't think there is an incandescent bulb left in my car now apart from the 3 left hand side warning lights in the instrument cluster, LED's are just too bright in there.

Mine passed its MOT this morning.

Spent the rest of the day stripping out the interior ready to install some more sound proofing under the carpet. Will add pics in my mod thread soon.

Two things today, took one of these out of the boot, explains the webs always on my spoiler (didn't know you got spiders like it in the uk)

image.jpg Collected my modified brake stopper, now able to fit under my strut brace

image.jpg

in need of some more paint before fitting.

3 hours ago, Tomb said:

Two things today, took one of these out of the boot, explains the webs always on my spoiler (didn't know you got spiders like it in the uk)

image.jpg Collected my modified brake stopper, now able to fit under my strut brace

image.jpg

in need of some more paint before fitting.

looks like one of these mate :

http://www.uksafari.com/orbweaver.htm

• Like 1