Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

scott64

what have you done to your celica today...

Question

thought i would start a new thread on what members have done to their celica`s on any given day :D ....so i spent a couple of hours just washing and polishing my gen7 today :) detailed all in the boot and door gaps cleaned the inside and polished the dash, door cards and cleaned all the leather :rolleyes: sorry about the pics but they were taken on my mobile and its started to get dark now but you get the general idea ;)

20121118150433.jpg

/20121118150302.jpg

20121118150312.jpg

20121118150246.jpg

20121118150416.jpg

thats the start of this thread......so what have you done to your celica today

Edited by scott64

4,809 answers to this question

Fitted my front upper strut brace after a little prep, what a difference that has made; my new brake fluid cap;

post-48302-0-38331500-1468409443_thumb.jpg

dropped my new wheels to my tyre fitter; and decided to treat myself for my b'day with a custom stainless exhaust ;-)

post-48302-0-93175100-1468409541_thumb.jpg

Fitted my front upper strut brace after a little prep, what a difference that has made; my new brake fluid cap;

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

dropped my new wheels to my tyre fitter; and decided to treat myself for my b'day with a custom stainless exhaust ;-)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

nice one mate your enjoy the custom :)

I am sure I will, can't wait to see the wheels fitted, took a pic of one alongside my car, it makes such a difference, didn't post it though ashamed of how dirty my car is atm

Popped the coolant expansion tank gromet out of the radiator bracket. Tried putting it back in and it fought and beat me lol

• Like 1

Had a little drive to Mr T to pick up my spanking new Gen6 rain deflectors and all new bolts/clips ready for the rear bumper removal

90d860985ccbb95887e77a34f1299da1.jpg

Fitted above rain deflectors trim...the irony, first dry Saturday for a while has let me fit em in 20mins

Quick wipe down with thinners on the seal that it sticks to, slide the trim down from the top, peel off backing to tape...et voila

31e6bb0f2603ab25c494def4cff98dd1.jpg

b74a37a62158d04680c42c27347e77b0.jpg

We spent 2 days in Celica Heaven - I know it was, because there was this special pool of light that descended on my car and lots of special Gen 5 Celicas all around us... You could also tell that some of them had died... others of course were very feisty :D

IMAG4113_zpsaucezwvp.jpg

• Like 3

so as it was a nice day today ive managed to change the calipers to a nice red look now , you will see them more on the new wheels as theres not so much thats covered up :

gallery_38304_1706_5282.jpg

gallery_38304_1706_14996.jpg

from gold .....

gallery_38304_1706_81088.jpg

to red .............

gallery_38304_1706_29796.jpg

so gotta take off the bonnet scoop again tomorrow as one corner has come undone so will heat that up and stick it down then replace :)

• Like 1

Looking good Baz, I am nearly as excited as you to see your new wheels ;-)

I to am eventually a step closer to mine, as I got my tyres sorted at last I have some before and afters

Before

post-48302-0-00063100-1469130646_thumb.jpg

After

post-48302-0-24399700-1469130692_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Baz, I am nearly as excited as you to see your new wheels ;-)

I to am eventually a step closer to mine, as I got my tyres sorted at last I have some before and afters

Before

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

After

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

looking good mate , yep not so far away now ...they will be on there for the beauliue simply jap meet at the end of the month ...

• Like 1

Ha the wheels looks good Tom. Was good to meet you the other night mate. I have now sprayed the gt4 wing and bonnet. Just the bumper to do now.

• Like 1

Thanks Shaun, I hope I get to see the gt4 on the road soon maybe at the meet in September, thank you greatly again for the skirts. I aim to fit them on the weekend if dry along with my new centre caps and a few other tweeks

As above:

post-48302-0-96318200-1469304848_thumb.jpg

Sadly pic was before I fitted centre caps, fitted dynamic skirts today (thank you again Shaun); found an air leak and sorted; heat repellant fitted to my air lines and air box; and collected my new sports cat stainless exhaust system :-)

• Like 1

Been for a long drive after fitting the Gen7 short/quick shifter yesterday (eBay special)...much better IMO, no pics took a while about 4hrs at a very leisurely pace...could prob be done in an hour.

Half the throw of the Gen6 shifter.

Also put my roof spoiler back on...

Took it off (yesterday) as the double sided adhesive pads had started to come away with the heat during the week (a combo of too thin, too smaller pads not giving enough grab)

5b723c5ede066069b89fcbad6d3d27f0.jpg

Gave it another going over with the headlight resto kit whilst it was off and got some stronger & thicker foam tape, much better than when I first put it on. Basically covered the whole of the two contact zones.

Oh and the Sonax brilliant detailer arrived Friday so used for the first time and waited for it to rain...didn't have to wait long.

d6140034a9890f6a44efa980d4ca38c5.jpg

Beady. Normal day weather wise. Sun & rain.

As you were.

• Like 2

Dropped the back 30mm, had enough of the raked look for now...back to low and level, still raining up here and the Sonax is working well

8018dab15f015f893327061a42d2f413.jpg

Booked in for Monday:

AC Compressor fitting and re-gas

Couriers just don't seem to care these days...

8f4f32432cea7f0319deecc8069d3dfa.jpg

So it'll either be a swap over of the pulley wheel or straighten it out.

And just booked in for Wednesday:

Replace both front callipers with refurbs and change all cv/driveshaft boots as they're on their last legs. N/S has split

Gonna be an expensive week