what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

Replaced AC condenser, and all union O-rings (with the proper type and lube) at the compressor and condenser.  Had pressure test, leak test then re-gas+oil done at local garage

Super chilly AC, finally!

(and fingers crossed it lasts more than a month)

Edited by G.Lewarne

Fitted a brand new OEM grade Denso manufactured MAF sensor - holy ccuk does it 'alf fly now !!

I got it at an exceedingly good price and have negotiated a deal with the local official supplier.  look for a group buy offer soon

• Like 3

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 23:07, G.Lewarne said:

Fitted a brand new OEM grade Denso manufactured MAF sensor - holy ccuk does it 'alf fly now !!

I got it at an exceedingly good price and have negotiated a deal with the local official supplier.  look for a group buy offer soon

Was your old one shot or are you saying this is better than stock & if so how please?

18 minutes ago, daytona said:

Was your old one shot or are you saying this is better than stock & if so how please?

Old one was shot.  Threw a code every few weeks despite cleaning.  Had an eBay cheapie I used for a while which sorted it but thats in a mates mr2 after his original one left him at the side of the road .

Compared to the genuine second hand one I got a while ago (worked fine no codes just old) this new Denso one is like driving a factory fresh car.  I was totally suprised at just how much of a difference it made.

Denso make the OEM sensor for Toyota so ita basically the factory part without the bend-over and lube up prices from mr T

Interesting. Mine has always had an almost imperceptible hesitation on pulling away. New plugs improved it a bit. Never so noticeable as to be worth hours of labour costs to try and find the issue. if it even is an issue.

May give a new sensor a try depending on price.

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:16, daytona said:

Interesting. Mine has always had an almost imperceptible hesitation on pulling away. New plugs improved it a bit. Never so noticeable as to be worth hours of labour costs to try and find the issue. if it even is an issue.

That's the same thing I was trying to sort out and I'm very happy.  After fitting and Grinning, I have also totally removed my throttle body and the IACV, cleaned them, new gaskets, and reset the throttle stop screw and TPS sensor as per the service manual.

Even more grinning now applies :D

edit: I posted the group buy last night so take a look

edit 2:  Mr T lied, they didn't have the gaskets, so had to order and wait...dammit

Edited by G.Lewarne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daytona said:

My trusty mechanic guy says it's typical of the model to have some pull away hesitation or stalling, and most likely cause is dirty or worn throttle-body. We've cleaned the throttle-body, checked for leaky rubber pipework, cleaned the MAF, changed the plugs, TLC etc, and nothing has changed the unpredictable nature of the sudden pull-away conk-out syndrome. It only happens occasionally [one in every five pull-aways?] but annoying when it does.

I've gotten used to giving the accelerator pedal a little blip [from 800rpm tick-over - up to around 1200rpm] before pulling away each and every time now, that seems to prevent the chance of a sudden conk-out.

If the fitting of a brand new OEM grade Denso manufactured MAF sensor is the cure for this...? ...then i want one!  :thumbsup:

Interested in a group buy if it happens 

Debs

Yeah. Probably up for that next month Gavin if your kind swap offer shows mine is less than perfick. :thumbs:

Today?

Air con recharge £29. From" Is it on?" to ....

Ooooo! The outside mists up! Result. B)

• Like 2

finally got the IACV and TB gaskets from Mr T (come on, 3 days, lol) and put my intake system back together.  While I was waiting for the parts, totally cleaned every last bit of crud from the throttle body and all its ports and the IACV to the point it looked brand new.  Result!

Have got an air lock in the coolant lines though grrrr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.