what have you done to your celica today...

scott64

Fixed some more interior rattles - removed headlining and tightened every bolt, ziptied and padded every wire and tube etc.  Also tightened the rear sunroof bar that goes across the two rails - was very loose and rattly

• 2 weeks later...

Filled her up with RON98 and scared the shit out of myself on a known road that the council had decided it would be a good idea to cover in gravel with no warning signs.

Everybody came out the other side in the same shape they went in.

Might need the touch up pen if the ping noise is anything to go by.

The rally heritage did really shine through tho, while I needed to back the fuck off and demand a curse on backroad road workers that can't warn about loose gravel.

Edited by Skinman
spelling

scrubbed, primed, painted and injected cavity wax into my front subframe while its still solid and showing no signs of rust whatsoever....

Also did the same to the front crossmember / radiator support bar before the surface rust took hold into something worse

Edited by G.Lewarne
  • Like 2

Well Not today

Goodies arrived Friday

Carbon Fibre wrapped Console from Serratia

400g Carbon effect RAZO Gear knob from... I don't know where I even bought this from.. Wasn't Amazon or CARiD :shrug:

And some Metallic Black Spray to do something with my wheels.

The Console didn't fit around my head unit, although dimensions were the same the way the head unit fitted into the dash meant I needed to make some modifications, by modifications I mean butchering, oops. It's not quite as pretty as it was :(

Decided to try the spray on my old Tech5's and made an awful job of it, not sure if that's my painting skills or the paint. I would like to blame the paint but... It was a good job I tried it out on the old wheels :)

So anyway, my Console and New Knob.

IMG_0222s.thumb.jpg.d2feda390a636dde53f2fc3c4c404ab6.jpg

Strangely enough, the heavier knob it makes changing from 2nd to 3rd easier, not sure why, perhaps I handle it differently.. Ummm... Or something

But you can see my butchering in the corners around my head unit.

Decided to go with the rear wiper delete

IMG_6207.jpg

New radio from my wife (birthday present) Pain to install, as I have to many add on's like reversing camera and subs and amps and DAB and Arial boosters but got there in the end. 

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6201.jpg

IMG_6203.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday:

Air/Con de-gas - leakage check - recharge  £48.00 + VAT 

The guy that did it noticed a slight oil mark on one of the valve caps, so he changed both the valves [for free]. He's a good guy.

Seems to be working fine now, i no longer need to strip naked and towel dry after every drive in heatwave daytime [sorry no photos].

Just hoping the Air/Con recharge will hold and the super cool cool coolness will continue for a few years to come.

I find that the air con is essential other times of the year too, especially when condensation is on inside of windows - clears it off very quickly. 

Would hate the air con to pack up completely - one of those faff thing jobs i don't like to get into...

Debs

Fitted my new dashcam, routed the cable along the inside of the headliner, down behind the A-Pillar trim, in behind the dash, up to the cigarette socket area, spliced in my 12v>5v adapter box I made (using the guts of an old cigarette usb adapter) to the current cigarette socket feed. Really pleased how that turned out, you cant see a trace of the power cable anywhere. Job done!

Fits in behind the rear view mirror nice, MOT man should be happy with placement up there as you cant see it at all in the drivers seat

Edited by G.Lewarne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.