Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

I'm screwed I test at 95db @5200 on track days!

I have a bung tho that does quite it done a fair bit tho, I might get them to test both when I go to blyton!

we never got tested at blyton, just got told "dont be dickheads out there"

There is an app for android that is a db meter, not quite sure what it does but I will download and try it, it may be worth a try just to see what different cars produce...will try to get back to y'all.

Yip it downloaded no probs, will give it a try tomoz.

Its called: Noise Meter by JINASYS

Available for tablet too

Edited by razer

Brian there was a bd meter out on right field at the short first straight I think.

yeah i noticed that one, I was trying to keep the noise down past that though :D

they never actually tested us like you see at other tracks

Well, nearly two weeks have passed and no reply from gool ol' Norfolk Plod so a phone call was required to see what the situation was.

The response was that the fixed penalty notice is on hold until they do a thorough investigation, they have passed the information on including the copy of ISO5130 to "the powers that be" (whoever they are) and will get back to me with a written explanation of their findings.

Will keep you all posted on the result.

In the meantime the car goes in for a replacement (longer) centre section on the central box which should quieten her down a little, just to keep Plod off my back, then it's MOT time on Wednesday.

just seen this in our local newspaper

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/police_crack_down_on_modified_cars_1_1453104

I like the last comment on there :

"The vast majority of large or big bore exhausts are illegal for use on public roads. The fact they may have passed an MOT test is irrelevant as this only checks for exhaust gasses and emission legislation compliance"

Oh well along with the EU paper on modifying vehicles to possibly become illegal then looks like car enthusiast clubs, modifying businesses and the like may well be doomed to the realms of history. But I'm sure there are hundreds and thousands of us out there like myself who will fight them all the way.

Just a quick update on the noise thing. It's now 23 days since the incident, 17 days since I contacted the Police with a copy of ISO5130 (well passed the 10 working days that they quoted for a responce) and 10 days since I phoned them up to ask if any decision had been made. I have not heard a dickie bird from them.

Now my dilema is do I chase them up for an answer or simply leave it ?

The Central Ticket Office (dept who are dealing with it) are only open 10am - 3pm which means the only time I can really phone them is on a Friday as I only do a half day on a Friday and don't really want to take up work time chasing it up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.