Norfolk Police and exhaust noise

Not got to do a producer, just got a ticket for £30 for the Norfolk Police Beer Fund and got a copy of the test results.

I could just not doing anything and hope I don't get stopped again, or go out of my way to quieten the car down somehow.

The Plod didn't give any advice, they only said make it quieter.

One thing that is really eating me up now is that I should have asked them to perform the test on their vehicle too. I have read many posts on forums mow which say that nearly every vehicle produced is on or above the 84dB level. When challenged by other people, the Plod have responded by saying that their cars are at 83.9dB. Funny that !!

post-23898-0-14612000-1344790668_thumb.jpg

o goodies, mine is a high exhaust on the bike :D best of luck sorting out your exhaust, looks like the one on Arizona's, we gave up :D

Nope not the same as mine

We gave up? Ha you gave up after getting too many wtf looks when you made suggestions on how to make it quieter :lol:

I tend to make sure the foots off the gas when i'm going past mr plod though it will often give a burble and a loud rebellious pop just as it goes past :sofa:

How the feck can somethin LOOK loud.... I get this when i take my gear into the hotels....the oldies say...this looks loud...and thats before its even swiched ON....

Not been stopped for my diode lights on the front of mine ...yet....but when it does happen i will be ready for them...main head quarters said they were legal........hahaha......shower of barstewards should stick to pullin pints rather than give us hassle for motors we take pride in.......r s hole s.

Just phoned Norfolk piggery HQ to ask them if I could view one of their cars on the dB meter and ..... you guessed it.... I was politley told "No"

I also did a check, albeit with a far inferior dB meter on the wifes car, Totally bog standard VW Passat Estate. and guess what.... it was 91dB. I re-checked the Celica with the dB meter doing the same test and I got within 1dB of that Plod got. so, being synical here, I bet Plod's car was outside the 82dB limit which they quoted, hence the reason they wouldn't let me see theirs being tested.

Well, I for one am pleased the police are on the case and continuing their war on the motorist (well the ones they can catch easily) I mean at least they're keeping themselves busy, spending our hard earned public money wisely, god, what else would they be doing if we weren't around, maybe they would have found that poor girls body a week earlier if they were doing real policing!!! they may even be able to police our town centre's on a Friday and Saturday night a bit more efficiently, or catching the robbers, muggers and rapists who roam our streets, or what about the bloke who nicked your car? bet they're scouring the streets high and low for him!!!! bloody inconsiderate of you to tie them up with your noisy exhaust, you should be ashamed of yourself.

mines about 100dB so im guna be buggard when its back on the road :(

take it to arizonas garage for its mot :) they all cheared when the tester got enthusiastic reving the car while on test (think they also deaf as posts)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.