A request for some assistance from the CCUK collective.

Sherv

Hi you guys ,some of you may know me from the gen4 section amongst others,i always take an interest in all the gens of Celica,but especially the gen4 for obvious reasons:so ill get to the point.

This will be the third year us gen4 owners will be trying to get a specific gen4 meet together again:We did our first in 2010,had another good one in 2011 and now we are arranging a third,alongside the old skool cars from the Toyota Enthusiasts Club at Billing,Northampton on Sunday,August 26th.

This isnt a strictly CCUK event:in fact any gen4s from any toyota based club,or no club at all,are welcome.Any condition,even if they arrive on a trailer it matters not.

And this is the point,it is to celebrate a very dwindling generation of Celica,unfortunately all the jokes about rust are correct,there are too many of these cars succumbing to lack of love and knowledge,which to me is very sad.Remember all the rally heritage of these cars,all those awesome milestones in motorsport that helped the Toyota marque be what is it today,amongst others,that enable us to enjoy the later cars we have now.

So,if you can help us out,if you know of anybody who has a gen4 Celica,then please let me know.Its these kind of meets that enable enthusiasts to swap parts and knowledge and have a damn good social while we're at it.Also this year because its on the same ground as the TEC theres the opportunity to have a good look around some proper Toyota Old skool metal,including 60's cars,Toyota Crowns,Gen1 Celicas,to name a few.Anyone is welcome,a good family day out and although if you dont own a gen4 you ll have to park in the main car park,have yourselves a mini meet and maybe give us a bit of support!Be a good day i reckon if i can drum up some gen4s for the main event,so as i say let me know if you have any info or can maybe post up for me these details on any forums you may think might be helpful.There is an entrance fee i believe,around ten quid-ish,but well worth it.Any support always greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks for reading,and apologies for the long thread:but hey,im an enthusiast!LOL.A few pics to show what we do best.

Derren

(sherv)

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1107-1.jpg

DSCF1097.jpg

DSCF1893.jpg

DSCF1925.jpg

DSCF1873.jpg

Fantastic looking pics from previous meets, sherv.

I am sure many of us will turn up on the day just to see these and other fine cars and their owners on the day!

I was wondering if invites would go overseas as well?

Am sure if invites extended to overseas forums it may so happen some enthusiasts

and supporters may have plan holidays in the UK and might just popby to see..

I'll be posting up on st162.net which is a worldwide gen4 forum....ive also posted a request on the TOC and ive registered over on retrorides though i can't post there just yet,any suggestions for where i might find some gen4s or if anyone is a member of a forum that may be remotely relevant then ill appreciate the help! :)

LOL cheers Ian,yeah you know as well as I do it takes some doing to get significant numbers of gen4 s together compared to the other gens,but well do our best again this year to make it successful.be good to finally say hello as well mate if you can make it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.