Bootmobile looks in a bad way :(

arizona

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed, but i'd be very surprised if it was economically repairable

I'd be most surprised if he thought it was, pretty much foregone conclusion that its a gonner unfortunately, hopefully i'm not too disappointed with what they think its worth :(

I fear you will have to fight for a good payout, best bet is to scour ebay, autotrader, free ads and print off all cars in a similar condition and mileage to yours, then if they do offer you £200 you can send them all the ones you found (at the higher end of the price scale of course) and hopefully get a better payout

I'm also assuming you declared it had after market wheels and a GT4 bonnet when you got it insured

I fear you will have to fight for a good payout, best bet is to scour ebay, autotrader, free ads and print off all cars in a similar condition and mileage to yours, then if they do offer you £200 you can send them all the ones you found (at the higher end of the price scale of course) and hopefully get a better payout

I'm also assuming you declared it had after market wheels and a GT4 bonnet when you got it insured

never thought about bonnet , i'll have a scour of ads ta

Fingers crossed he doesn't notice the bonnet then, either that or just play dumb and say "well that's how i bought it, i thought it was standard" then flutter your eyelashes at him :lol:

i can do that :D

meanwhile today the aftermarket wheels come off to be replaced with toyota ;) cos i hadnt thought of that either

Edited by arizona

make sure the rest of the car looks as clean as can be inside and out helps to get that mint value i had that with an old sierra i use to own :thumbs: when the guy come to look at it he couldn't be leave how clean the thing was mind you this was years and years ago now just after i first started driving similar to you i had a white van pull straight out in front of me i had no where to go so t-boned him straight in the drivers door

Edited by carlasumm

make sure the rest of the car looks as clean as can be inside and out helps to get that mint value i had that with an old sierra i use to own :thumbs: when the guy come to look at it he couldn't be leave how clean the thing was mind you this was years and years ago now just after i first started driving similar to you i had a white van pull straight out in front of me i had no where to go so t-boned him straight in the drivers door

on to it this afternoon when i get back :)

cant get a value of it on any of the sites because of the age, as close as I can get is a 1994 gen 6 @ £1100......... make usre you haggle a good price and dont take there first offer!

cant get a value of it on any of the sites because of the age, as close as I can get is a 1994 gen 6 @ £1100......... make usre you haggle a good price and dont take there first offer!

i am having a look now bigstring, theres the ones Carla found which she linked on this thread but i cant find many. done autotrader, pistonheads, ebay so far have come up with one at £950, £994, £790 one at £690 (bit pink looking) and a minter at £2000

same old, when you're looking for something you cant find it !

good plan :thumbs:

hows the head and neck feeling. did you go to a&e

But, i may keep them ;) i dont know yet

head and neck did not like me changing 4 wheels lol

yes i went to a&e saturday afternoon, neck sprain , nothing serious but boy is it uncomfortable and burning sensation all round back of neck and shoulders. Have got appointment with osteopath tomorrow afternoon which i reckon will loosen all the muscles etc up. Feels like a good crunch is needed :)

Just tell the assessor to email admin at CCUK as no-one else would know a more accurate value :P

;) good idea

he has just rung me to ask if ok to arrive between 9.30 and 10 tomorrow so will be interesting to see what he says then

;) good idea

he has just rung me to ask if ok to arrive between 9.30 and 10 tomorrow so will be interesting to see what he says then

remember and tell him that bonnet was on the car when you bought it and you had no idea it wasn't standard, ONLY IF HE MENTIONS IT

remember and tell him that bonnet was on the car when you bought it and you had no idea it wasn't standard, ONLY IF HE MENTIONS IT

will do Briano :) blonde is good sometimes ;) i can be completely clueless while knowing exactly what i'm doing :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.