Bootmobile looks in a bad way :(

arizona

ok time to put the bootmobile to bed and find another gen 5 for ya

here you go and your oz wheels should fit it nicely

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1225wt_1059

heres another and this one has the grey inside

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Toyota-Celica-Coupe-1998cc-Petrol-/220859473763?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item336c401f63#ht_1193wt_1059

Edited by carlasumm

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fluid will have been screenwash. Inner wing may not be so badly mangled, worth ripping the outer off and having a look for sure.

that man is correct, washer bottle sits at the front of the o/s wing

Well i'm impressed with the guys insurance company. Aviva. Very helpful, sending out interim £200 payment, courtesy car also coming, all costs to be covered, engineer will come out but it is really in no doubt that its a write off. Payment will then be made and would you like to keep the car madam, no need to buy back

Just off down to hosp to get checked out as am still hurting , but to be honest i think a couple of visits to my osteopath will probably sort that, they will also pay for any of that immediately.

So if you get bumped into looks like Aviva ftw

If you can keep your car and get £800 you can no doubt find another 5 for that money.

Hope your ok though, don't go telling the insurance company your ok if you got any pains. Osteopath bills can mount up!

I know it's not all about the money but i'm sure a few grand in compensation for your injuries would help.

If you can keep your car and get £800 you can no doubt find another 5 for that money.

Hope your ok though, don't go telling the insurance company your ok if you got any pains. Osteopath bills can mount up!

I know it's not all about the money but i'm sure a few grand in compensation for your injuries would help.

Yep a few grand wouldnt go amiss but too many people jump on that for sake of it. I'm quite happy with the fact that they will pay me for any time off incurred from work plus any expenses including visits to my osteopath so i'll have a couple of days off (it was my weekend to work) and give him a call monday.

The pictures are a sorry sight. :( As has been said already though: the car can be replaced.

Please wear your seatbelt in future though, woman!!!!!!! You are no good to anyone if they have to pick you up off the road using blotting paper!

Hope the diagnosis from A&E last night wasn't too bad?

I hate wearing a seabelt but yeah i know :rolleyes:

No nothing serious, just a sprain but i'm going to get one of those heat beanbag things today cos its stiffened up even more, one of those times i miss having a bath to soak in

Yep , tis a damn shame though , all the work that had been done on it to come to nothing too. I'll be grabbing the wheels off it and making sure i remember my trd rad cap that wickie gave me then any other bits will be stripped before it goes on the bin then it may just be that i drive the ST for the rest of the winter depending on plans afoot ;)

@Princy, cheers i wasnt sure if you still had it we're going to the anniversary meet , wonder if anyone is coming from your area with a gen 6 (did you say it fits in a gen 6 but not a 5?) ccuk relay service might be needed :D

If you haven't already (i've not checked the thread this morning), it might be worth posting your request to transport the bonnet down in the anniversary meet thread. I thought I'd read that SuperSai and a few others are coming from that sort of way!

Good luck with it.

Did it knacker the wheels too?

If you haven't already (i've not checked the thread this morning), it might be worth posting your request to transport the bonnet down in the anniversary meet thread. I thought I'd read that SuperSai and a few others are coming from that sort of way!

Good luck with it.

Did it knacker the wheels too?

Didnt knacker the wheels , front tyre yes but the wheels are fine thankfully :)

I'm going to pm princy about the bonnet as its now pretty much surplus to requirements unless by some miracle they dont write this off

Edited by arizona

It might be that they "only" Cat D it based on how much it would likely cost to repair. Unless there's some structural issues too :S

If that's the case, you'll probably be able to keep the car and get a payout from his insurance (after a bit of wrangling and a few visits from the money men). If you can do that then use the money to get it back on the road you could come out on top. Some new mods perhaps? ;)

A colleague of mine got hit whilst driving through some traffic calming in his T plate Polo. He drove it home and sorned it. It has just been declared Cat D and he got £1700 for the car. The insurers said they couldn't be bothered to recover it due to its low value. So it's now been stripped for scrap.

Edited by BristolLee

It might be that they "only" Cat D it based on how much it would likely cost to repair. Unless there's some structural issues too :S

If that's the case, you'll probably be able to keep the car and get a payout from his insurance (after a bit of wrangling and a few visits from the money men). If you can do that then use the money to get it back on the road you could come out on top. Some new mods perhaps? ;)

A colleague of mine got hit whilst driving through some traffic calming in his T plate Polo. He drove it home and sorned it. It has just been declared Cat D and he got £1700 for the car. The insurers said they couldn't be bothered to recover it due to its low value. So it's now been stripped for scrap.

Pretty much said over the phone its going to be written off, plus Ade took a look yesterday as well as James (recovery) spotting the subframe looks twisted. Ins co have already asked if i wish to keep it and will just pay out , no good to them. And its just had new tax on it so will sorn it, remove anything useful, then James will probably flatten it and hiab it onto a pile on his truck headed for the scrappy.

I wont forget to take the trd rad cap that wickie gave me :)

Edited by arizona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.