?Rev 3 3SGE

A Senna

Was just wondering

I was having a chat with a fellow club member today and he had the rev3 engine in his Gen6 and I have the Rev2, and noticed that it had extra vacume advanced on the front of the engine. is the rev3 better to drive and what are the differences to mine?

3sge rev 1 = gen 4

3sge rev 2 = mk2 mr2 and gen 5

3sge rev 3 = mk2 mr2 and gen 6 (pre1996 doesnt have EGR)

3sge rev 4 (beams) = gen 6 and mk2 mr2 (and soon my mk3 mr2 - where it should've been in the first friggin' place! :P)

Gettin' quite good at this quote editing lark! :D

Ok, ok, I'll give it a rest now... :sofa:

BEAMS in a rev3 mr2 sounds interesting....putting a proper engine in it :thumbs:

Does seem interesting, would be good to drive as my dad had a MR2 1992 SW20 and think it only had 153bhp it was one of the rev1 3SGE's am I right or wrong :shrug:

thats a rev 2 in the early mk2 mr2 engines they are also not the most reliable 3sge engine and do suffer from oil leaks and occasionally pop their heads :D

best engine for an mr2 is a 2gr-fe youtube it :D

BEAMS in a rev3 mr2 sounds interesting....putting a proper engine in it :thumbs:

You're damm skippy I am! :twisted:

Even if toyota had put a proper engine in it, I'd still have done it after seeing this!

I found this ages ago (must have watched it ooooh, about 10 million times!).

Turns out its more of less the exact same set up I've planned.

Beams Redtop with quad 45mm TRD itbs from an AE111 Corolla (4A-GE blacktop).

Enjoy! (Turn it up loud!).

:twisted:

Edited by Adex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.